Sunday, January 27, 2008

Together Again

Together again...
I'm sure many of you know that Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley, 15th president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints died at the age of 97. What a wonderful man! What a wonderful example! We will miss him and his spirit, his loving nature, quick wit and humor. What a stalwart servant of the Lord. What joy there must be in heaven at this time as he is reunited with his sweetheart, loved ones and his Savior.We love you and will miss you Pres. Hinckley. "Til we meet again..."








8 comments:

Kellie said...

He will be missed but how exciting that he is with his dear wife again. A joyous occasion for them.

100 Percent Cottam said...

such an amazing man! he will be missed.

Jan said...

I'm so happy he's back with his sweetheart -- he was so lonely for her this past years. But I will miss him a lot -- he was such an example in every way -- he was steadfast, spiritual, full of wisdom and leadership. But he also had warmth and humor -- love that man.

andrea said...

I love all your pictures, especially the 1st one. I feel so blessed that we have had him leading our church. What a legacy of temples, teaching, and love for us he has left behind. I really do find it hard to feel real sadness though...Whenever I see it on the news...which is constant here, I just feel happy for him. He's done, he can rest knowing that he pleased Heavenly Father with his efforts, and he's back with his sweetheart. What a great life to celebrate!

p.s. I'm throwing a "lil sumtin" in the mail for you today....*wink*wink*...heee-hee!

hoLLy said...

i am sad to not have him here with us, but so happy that he is with his sweetheart again. i know he missed her so much and he was getting so tired in his old age. i will miss him so much! he was my prophet for most of my growing up.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! They really capture him and his sweet wife. What a happy homecoming that must have been.

Unknown said...

So sad! But we are so happy to know that he's with his sweetie again! We'll forever be thankful for all that he did for the church he was a great prophet!

Kristi said...

I love that title--Together Again!! That is the most wonderful way to look at his passing. Thansk for sharing all of these great pictures!!!