It all started at a church basketball game....and you know THAT never ends up well!! Her first church game, she jammed her finger really good, so we splinted, and taped for a couple of weeks....she finally gets that off and her finger is feeling better when, BAM!!! 1 1/2 minutes into her first school game since the last injury...it happened again. Catching a rebound (yay Lauren!) She whacked the same finger and foo-barred it again! (boo Lauren..)




After a trip to the Dr. for x-rays, we find she's chipped a piece of the bone off, and you can still see where the last fracture was....So, now, her season is DEFINITELY over..esp. with this contraption on her hand! She gets to keep this beauty for 3 weeks, then we'll go back to see if the bone chip is going to heal, or if she'll have to have surgery...poo.
It's kinda funny watching her try to write and play her Cello though! :)


11 comments:
Aww, poor girl. Chipping a bone sounds absolutely awful...I hope that heals up nice and quick!
You crack me up thinking it's funny for her to try and write..nice!!
Oh, I can relate. My volleyball playing ended up with several chipped bones. Not fun. Hopefully it will heal up quickly.
ouchie!!!! hope it heals quick!
Sad! I injured that same finger in high school. It's just he one you want poking up above the rest once it's splinted. So sad.
Awww, stink. That is too bad. I hope it heals well and she doesn't have to have surgery. Maybe she ought to take up soccer...no hands involved!
dadgum! that's the worst. lauren is one tough chick!
Poor Lauren that really sucks! I always felt really cool when I got sports injuries though because it meant that I was tough and totally into the game...So way to go Lauren!
Stephanie - I am Megan(your sister in laws)sister, Jen. Megan told me to check out your blog because it is hilarious - and she is right! Thanks for the Jane Austen info!
Surgery will be no fun. Let's hope it heals on its own. If not, Lance learned some good first aid moves tonight at Scouts. Maybe he can fix it? Good luck Lauren : (
Man, I hope she gets better quick, the worst part is knowing you can't play and you can't do anything about it. Feel better Lauren.
poor lauren. i heard that you are tougher than nails. okay, maybe it wasn't you, but be strong, it will heal!
Post a Comment