OK, so here we go...trying to finalize our house plans...it's a pain in the butt. I knew it would be. My parents have built 5 of their 5 homes, so I am familiar with the exasperating process. I am grateful to have some experienced people to get advice from and vent to.My first attempt at drawing up my idea, I thought was rather good, until Lance laid it all out on the computer and found it to be 6,100 square feet...crap. So, from there we started making the changes (and eliminations) necessary to whittle away 2,000 square feet. Apparently my eyes are much bigger than my pocket book....surprise. After many a try and a tweak here and squish there, and a totally eliminate there...we're finally in the final lap of the design and are ready to hand it over to the architect..who I am sure will find SOMETHING we have to change or tweak...whatever. In looking at house ideas, I came across some VERY INTERESTING homes...people live in some WEIRD things....
For example, this little number...I believe that Hobbits live here..patriotic Hobbits though, so that's good...
Ummm, yeah, I'm thinking maybe Dorthy lives here...once her house was thrown by that tornado, she just got attached to it I guess...Although, given the Chinese scrawl on the "roof", I don't think she lives in Kansas anymore...
These folks look like they are fans of Dung Beetles....that's what it looks like when they're done rolling it around anyway...
Dang! This looks like Hansel and Gretel's witch ran out of candy and just started using whatever was around....run away kids!
The person who lives here just kept adding on to the bottom because he wanted to be higher and bigger than his neighbors...that and he's afraid of floods...
All the freaky, scary clowns live here...notice how they don't have any windows...that's so they can scare the crap out of ya when you come to the door...they are sick...and possibly Jehovah's witnesses....
Seriously...a toilet house?!? If men lived here, they'd never put the roof down...notice how green the surounding grass is though...
And last, but not least...The Little Mermaid's house...or maybe Sebastian her crab friend...they like to change shells now and again..Well, I guess whatever we end up building...it could be worse right? I'm easy to please though..really, all I want is this:
or, this:
or I'd even settle for this:
Hmmm...Lance seems to be choking on something...I guess I'd better see what's wrong...

7 comments:
I cannot believe some of those houses!! Pretty interesting what people do. I'm sure yours will be just as creative as some of those!
Crazy stuff! What's really weird is that pepole really live in them. Yours will be lovely -- if you can keep Lance from choking any more!
i can't wait to see what you guys end up with. no matter what, i know it will be amazingly decorated! :)
So funny! What are people thinking! There are lots of weird people! Please tell me those aren't all in Austin! When are you going to build? I'm glad you cut it down to 4000 sq ft. Think of all the extra cleaning of 2000 more sq ft!
you guys are only building a 4000 sq ft house-what a shack:) duuuude, i wish we were building a 4000 sq ft house! i know your house is going to be awesome, especially on all that land. oh, to be the hackings....sigh.:)
where is it anyways? still in austin i'm guessing?
Holly-
Yes, we're building in Austin...in fact, it's just up and around the corner-ish from where we are now...and FYI, when you've got 5 kids, you need a freakin warehouse to live in! :)...hey, I'll bet that would be cheaper to build too...hmmm..
i think that you could swing number 3 on the nice houses, don't you?
Post a Comment