Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Eye of the Beholder

My boys love to make t-shirts. I'll buy a bunch of plain white Hanes, and they love to go nuts! They used to draw their picture on paper, which I would then take to the printer and copy it onto iron-on paper then we'd well,.. iron it on! But lately, they've decided to circumvent the "long" process by just taking the markers straight to the T-shirts. Wyatt decided to do this the other day..un-be-knownst to me until he walked into my room and said,"look mom! I made a Star Wars shirt!"
He's so dang cute.
He'd gone into his PJ drawer, grabbed a white shirt, and went to town...I'm so glad he knew to grab one of those shirts as opposed to one of the ones hanging in his closet....
Anyway, I asked him to tell me about what he'd drawn, and here's the interpretation:

The stick-Jedi on the left is Obi-one Kanobi. He is fighting the other stick-Jedi on the right, Darth Maul with the Jedi weapon of choice; light-sabers. You can tell the one on the right is Darth Maul because,"He has a double blade on HIS light-saber"
I think it's a rather good likeness, don't you? :)



Such a cute little boy! He wore it all day and then wore it to bed...he used washable markers--since those are the only kind I will buy--and so by morning, he had black smeared all over his arms...the image survived, though a little smeary...I'll have to have him draw another one with permanent markers--with my supervision of course!
(now you see where Lance got his "inspiration" for the Bath and Body Works blog entry...boys.)

5 comments:

Jan said...

What a kid!! I love seeing his pics -- he's got an eye, doesn't he? YOu're such a fun mom to keep the supply of t-shirts ready to go for them.

Unknown said...

What a cutie! you should have him design a couple of t-shirts for kids his age...it could be a lucrative business!

Anonymous said...

That is so great! I love it. If that had happened at my house, however, I'm positive that something (probably something valuable)would have been permanently damaged.

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh, that wyatt! what a doll. and a great pic, too!

hoLLy said...

he is quite the t-shirt designer! and such a cutie patootie!