This past week my brother Cody, his wife Chelsey and their kids, Anna and Jake came to visit us! We had lots o' fun and very little sleep! :) But that's what happens when you're having fun!

At last! after a grueling 5 minute walk....we SUMMIT!!! Cody, who a couple days before, summited The highest peak in the Guadalupe Mountain Range, was not so impressed with the "Mount"...:)There's a fun park there as well where Wyatt likes to try out his driving skills...
Jake is hangin'
San Antonio- Riverwalk
The next day we went down to San Antonio to have lunch on the famous Riverwalk
That's Cody and Chelsey up on the bridge there...the tree got in the way....or they had a stupid photographer...
By the Riverwalk
And last, but not least,...we can't forget the Alamo! ( remember?...and no, for all you Pee-Wee Herman fans...there's no basement in the Alamo....:) )Natural Bridge Caverns--New Braunfels

Saturday we hiked the caverns in New Braunfels
This is why they call it "Natural Bridge"Caverns...this rock just looks like it ..bridges..naturally

This picture looks like we were standing in front of a green screen and they added the image in later....but they didn't.....promise!
Everything here seems to be in order..
...thanks to our Jr. Rangers...they're keeping everyone in line...
We had a very LAME cave tour guide...seriously...she was as dry as dirt...but not cave dirt because that was wet, so it was really cave mud...anyway, she had no imagination at all. She called this formation, "big clump of stalactites hanging down together"...or something less interesting... We decided to call it," the jellyfish fields at bikini-bottom where sponge-bob lives because it looks more like that anyway"....she should be working at an art gallery telling people to "shush" instead of trying to pose as an adventurer in a cool cave...
We named this one "Oscar". If you can't see why, then you should be shush-ing people at an art gallery too...
Here's the one thing miss boring tour guide DID get excited about... a big ol' pile of bat guano 5 ft. deep....she said even though there haven't been bats there for many, many years, the consistency of the offensive stuff is still the same....I wonder how she knows that....
It's a very pretty cave, and contrary to the temp of many other caves, this one was a toasty 80 degrees with the 85% humidity...
And here's the part I hate about the down, down, down...the up, up, up...I think Lance is going to collapse...wuss...
Where there is one smart-alec...there is sure to be another...although, I'd put my money on Cody getting to the top...and getting the greatest injury..hope Jake has a parachute...
After the caves, we headed back down to San Antonio to see the other Spanish Missions. They were all built around the late 1600-early1700s ...really cool!Ding!...viva el Taco Bell....


It is very old on the outside, but I was surprised to find them having an evening mass inside the restored church.

This photo looks rather like a postcard don't 'cha think?
Here the water was going over the road...fun!!!
I had to go first because Lance was scared...even though he was driving my FJ ;) After I crossed, I took a pic. of him coming through



















15 comments:
Yay! You're back! And it looks like you've had a great visit -- loved all the pics and adventures.
that brings back lots of fun memories seeing all your pictures. I'm sooooooo glad that you guys all had such a great time!
we can't wait to see you next month!
Love the Natural Bridge Caverns, it's fun to see all the same pics we have but w/a different family in them! :)
sakes alive! you guys don't slack on the sightseeing, do you? looks like FUN stuff!
How fun! It reminded me of our first trip down there to see you guys! I'm jealous of the nice weather down there....
Wow! What a fun weekend you had! Your family is lucky to have such fun and adventurous tour guides!!
Holy Cannoli!! What a visit you had with your Family--you really know the hotspots!! How fun. Those Caverns look really cool. We may have to check those out.
Dude, we're lame. We need to get out and do more stuff. It all looks like so much fun!!
Welcome back to the blogging world. I've been checking in every day and I was having withdrawals.
OK that can't be your baby brother. He's all grown up - that means we're old!
Thanks for making me laugh every time I read your blogs. I love it!
whoa-you guys did a buttload of crap!!!! i loved seeing all of your pictures and all of your adventures. you guys know how to party it up in central texas!
You guys sure know how to entertain! We usually just give our guest a map to the strip and tell them to have a fun time. Actually, Eric is always trying to talk our guests into some sort of hike but he rarely has any takers. I don't think many people know there is that side to Vegas.
WOW! That looked like a lot of fun. I have never been to texas but it looks like there are a lot of fun things to do there. It has been fun to read your blog and get to know your family a little better. You are more then welcome to add me to your contact list.
Looks fun! I think I need to come down there and visit y'all. I've always wanted to see San Antonio and Austin. I've made it as close as Salado.
Cody, Cody, Cody. All grown up and a daddy of TWO! Holy cow. What a cute family...love the baby's hair.
What is up with the comment about 70 degrees?! You big freaking WIMP! You should've been out there in that pool! C'mon up here to Utah. It's supposed to get up to 17 degrees today. Yes, that would be the high, and it is in Fahrenheit. yee-haw.
Looks like a lot of fun. I am sure you guys gave Cody and his family the Hacking Treatment! You guys went to a lot of cool places. I think Canidce and I are going to have to move to Utah and come down to visit once a year.
Wow! tons of fun fun pictures. That is fun to have cody and chels come visit. Looks like you kept them busy!
Post a Comment