Sunday, January 6, 2008

Private Investigations...


I've seen them in the movies, but now there's one living at my house!
LOOK OUT SHERLOCK HOLMES!
Private investigator Lance is on the case!

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned the thievery of Lance's Debit card number at Toyota.Luckily, as I said before, we caught it before any major damage was done...but the case is still not solved! Frankly, Toyota and the Police aren't working as fast as we think they should be...so Lance has started to do a little investigating himself.

Here are the facts:
1- FACT: Lance goes to Toyota and has the oil changed and a tire replaced.
2-FACT:Lance gives his card to Brenda ( if that's even her REAL name...) to pay for the services.
3-FACT: Brenda is one of only 5 cashiers that can actually handle the cards. Brenda is THE ONLY cashier that had Lance's card that day.
4- FACT: Lance leaves Toyota at 12:30pm and calls me to tell me that we had to replace the tire because the screw was in the sidewall. (I'm pleading the 5th on how that got there...)
5-FACT: We hang up.
6-FACT:At precisely 12:54pm (24 mins. later) I receive a phone call that shows up on my caller I.D.as "Champion Toyota"
7-:FACT: I answer the phone.
8-FACT: A man says he's calling from Toyota to ask about the charge made on the card for the service done that day in the amount of $261.47 (dang screw...)and wants to just verify the address and the number on the card used. He reads the number to me over the phone, and me, not having Lance's card just said, "uh-huh, uh-huh" because I was busy.
9-FACT: I'm cutting to the chase...I'm sick of writing facts that I've already written on an earlier post...esp. when this is just an update.
10-FACT: Lance recruits my dad and brother-in-law Doug, to help him play Detective.
11-FACT:The man from the 4x4 company emailed all of the information including names, phone numbers and addresses used for placing the order for the 2 Garmin GPS units.
The image “http://www.clipartof.com/images/clipart/thumbnail2/5876_undercover_private_eye_detective_talking_secretively_on_a_telephone.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

12-FACT: Lance, and Doug place phone calls, check Google earth and tax records to get pictures of the home of the address where the delivery was to be made.It is a house in Chicago, Ill. that is owned by a company in San Antonio that has been re-possesed for failure to pay taxes.
13-FACT: Lance calls the property owner in San Antonio who is floored that some one got his cell phone number, and asks if Lance is a private eye, and how the heck did he get that number. He then tells Lance that the lady that was kicked out of there, still had a key and moved back in for awhile without them knowing until the week before, when they kicked her out again.
14-FACT: Her name doesn't match the name of who the delivery was for...puzzling, no? Of course maybe they both lived there...????
The image “http://www.newimageinvestigations.com/images/logo.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

15-FACT: Meanwhile, back in Austin, Toyota is waiting for all of their "big-wig" authorities to get back from holiday break to tell the little pee-on managers what to do, and how to handle this.
16-FACT: Brenda, when questioned, told what we believe to be a LIE. She said that last week the credit card processing company had called about our card and several others just to verify their numbers and addresses. Interesting, because, we haven't even BEEN to Toyota for MONTHS. Doug, my bro-in-law just happens to OWN a credit card processing company and said that they NEVER do that because there is no need to do so....
The image “http://www.damninteresting.com/wp-content/polygraph_test.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
17-FACT:Toyota says they are going to see about giving polygraphs to the 5 cashiers. Brenda acts nervous and is all upset...
18-FACT: SOMEONE at Toyota got Lance's card number at 12:30pm, and by 12:54pm, a MALE from there was calling to get the 3 digit security code...all of the cashiers are FEMALE.
19-FACT: 3 hours later, I received the call about the order that had been placed.
20-FACT: I don't want to list anymore facts...that's the jist of it all anyway...
AND
21-FACT: It is seriously scary how much detective work you can do on other people you don't know from your own little computer at home...seriously...

What does all of this mean?!? SOMEONE at TOYOTA took that number. We BELIEVE that someone to be Brenda...the polygraph will tell....the question is, who else did she give it too? How many other customers of Champion Toyota have had this happen and not know it? And how far does it reach? Obviously Chicago...where else? How will we all sleep tonight? Why is Oprah so full of herself?


The image “http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/03/06/22180603.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


These and other puzzling questions of the universe will all be answered in time.Until then, Lance is "on it!"

8 comments:

Kellie said...

You are a freaking riot! I hope you get to the bottom of all this. What pain.

hoLLy said...

wow-you guys should do your own csi show! :) i'm very impressed with all of your findings. brenda is the one. you guys get er and get er goooood.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Haha.. good luck and tell Lance if he wants to 'freelance' I've got several 'clients' for him!

Hacking Highlights said...

Steph--your my daily comic relief! Thanks! Nice to know there is Lance (aka P.I.) in the family. I think I'll get our credit report checked. I can't believe how easily messed up your credit can get!

andrea said...

Steph- A few years back, I lost one of my favorite earrings. I believe Nicole was my 2 year old culprit. Do you think Lance could come figure it out and find my earring?!

;o)

I guess "brenda" didn't know who she was messing with when she decided to help someone steal a credit card #!

100 Percent Cottam said...

thank goodness you have a super sleuth on the case. nothing gets by that lance!

Jan said...

Lance! He is the man. When I have a mystery to solve, I know where to go for help. And actually - -the amount of information he has found is amazing.

Fantastic Five said...

don't mess with the hackings!