Friday, January 25, 2008

Blessed Gifts


Move over J.K. Rowling! There's a new author in town!

Creative Communication--the student writing contest headquarters,(which funny enough,is located in Logan Utah..) has selected a poem of Miss Madison Hacking's to be published in their Fall 2007 hardbound anthology, "A Celebration of Young Poets"!!
The finished hardbound copy will be ready for shipment in 20-24 weeks!...which is a while, but worth the wait!
Madi is a very gifted writer, which works out great since that's what she wants to be when she grows up! She has won awards in the past for some of her other writings, but this will be her first publication!
You can read more about it HERE



Here is the poem she wrote that will be in the book:

Everything

I look around and see darkness.
I look at you and see light.
No matter how upset I am,
You make everything right.
I see you every day,
And I wish I could say,
All I want to say.
Because you're everything to me.
You make me who I want to be.
I'm happy around you.
I feel safe around you.
I can't live without you.
You're everything to me.

Madi Hacking, Grade 6
Clint Small Jr. Middle School, TX

When I asked Madi who she had in mind when she wrote this, she said," Well, it can be lots of different people. Sometimes it's my siblings, sometimes it's you and Dad, and it's always the Savior."

Madi, you have truly been blessed with a gift. YOU are a gift to our family. We love you! Thanks for sharing your gifts with us and others! Congrats! Sweetie!

15 comments:

Lance said...

Madi - you Rock!

Published?!?! In 6th grade?!? Remember your parents when you're rich and famous.

We need to put a book together of all your writing because I think you have other ones at least this good!

Luv ya!
Dad

Nat said...

That is so awesome! Very good poem. I think it is definately a sign of things to come if she's getting published in the 6th grade! I've always admired those that can write, because I never really had that going for me.
Congratulations to Madi, and keep it up!

Fantastic Five said...

Madi-what a sweet poem to write to me! I love you too.

You are very gifted. What a special girl. Your parents are so lucky!

Kellie said...

That is just so great!

Chelsey said...

Congratulations Madi!!! We are so excited for you! You are amazing!!! We love you so much and are so happy for you!!! I love the poem- it brought tears to my eyes!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. How amazing. What a sweet girl.

100 Percent Cottam said...

more reasons to love that madi! she's a rock star!

Helen said...

Madi, we've always known that you are special. We are so proud. Your poem was great!!!!! Can't wait to get the book.

Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan said...

Madi is wonderful. That's something I've always known about her -- she's very special and clearly very gifted. I love the poem and I love her insights about the poem. Hug her for me.

Unknown said...

Wow! Madi that is beautiful both Clayton and I loved the poem and we love you so much! You have always been such a special person and we are blessed to have you as our neice!

andrea said...

What a beautiful work, and fantastic meaning. She sounds wise beyond her years. What an awesome blessing of a daughter.

Congrats Madi!

TheSainOnes said...

Way to Go Madi!!!!

Natalie Scott said...

That Madi is something else...what an amazing poem and what a beautiful, sweet girl!

Congratulations!

Kristi said...

Wow!! That was amazing. Your daughter has some serious writing skills. And what a beautiful message in her poem. Way to go Madi!!!

Cammie said...

Good job Madi. That is a wonderful peom