
BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!!!!!!
Yesterday, Lance took our FJ into Champion Toyota for a routine oil change and to get a screw out of one of the tires...we ended up having to replace the tire because the screw was in the sidewall...of course...anyway, about a half hour after Lance left Toyota, I received a phone call from someone at Champion Toyota asking for a verification on my address and credit card number...they also asked for the 3 digit security code on the back of the card...I didn't know it because it was Lance's card that was used, so they called and asked Lance, who told them their info was correct and gave them the 3 digit code. Since the call came from Champion Toyota, and Lance had just purchased the tire there, we didn't think anything of it.
A few hours later I received another phone call from someone at a 4x4 company asking for a confirmation on an order for two Garmin 770 GPS units for the amount of $1,400 to be shipped to Chicago...I got Lance on the other phone right away and together the three of us figured out that someone had stolen our card number, and since they got the 3 digit security code off the back from us, they were going to town on filling it up! We of course immediately called the bank and canceled the card, and then Lance got all the info for the order and address from the guy at the 4x4 place where the order had been placed, and headed into Toyota to get to the bottom of it. Toyota, of course is embarrassed, and trying to help us figure out who the dork is that did it...we're filing a report with the police and are going to keep working on it until we figure out exactly who it was...the police will be able to question and do some more digging as well...Lance has made himself a "Private Eye" at this point....
Bottom line..guard your card!...that is a rather nice jingle isn't it?
"GUARD YOUR CARD!!"
yes, I rather like it....also, don't give your 3 digit security code to anyone over the phone! These sleazy crooks are smart, and...sleazy...so watch out!

7 comments:
Wow. I'm glad you found out about it so quick so you could cancel it. Hopefully they didn't run up too many charges. I'm so nervous about stuff like that happening with credit cards...there are such jerks out there.
dadgum! that SUCKS! so glad it didn't end up being worse than that. but what a pain!
Oh my gosh Steph! It's really scary that people can do that. Last summer I had a similiar thing happen when someone stole my credit card number and bought a plan ticket costing $1300 to Dublan, Ireland! It took the bank 2 weeks to get my money back...major hassle.
I'm glad Lance is playing detective,he's a smart guy he'll catch that crook!
What a frustration! I'm so glad that the credit card companies seem to be fairly on top of this - -good thing they called to check on it.
Champion sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would blame them because I hate Champion. They are the ones who tried to scam us big bucks on our car last month. I know they aren't completely responsible for your ordeal, but still, I don't like that company! Its a good thing your cc company was on top of it. That has happened to us too and luckily our company called us as well. Sorry about that! Stupid crooks!
That is terrible! Thank goodness the credit card companies ask questions periodically. I once had a credit card stolen from my purse in a doctor's office. I left my purse in the examination room while I went to the restroom. I got home an hour or so later and right after that my credit card company called me and we took care of the problem. Some people are such scum! I hope whoever did that to you gets what they deserve.
That is scary, good thing they called you to verify, so you knew that your card was being used. I hate dishonest people like that!
Post a Comment