OK. So we've lived in Austin for 5 years and despite many trips to Rudy's, only recently have we learned of the zen know as Rudy's cream corn. This may cause others to shake their heads in disappointment - and rightly so.
However, today while at Rudy's with her parents and Aunt and Uncle, I learned that Steph still hasn't even tried it! I promptly did my Texas duty and shoveled some in her mouth. After a bit, she said, "I don't really like it. Plain corn would be better".
Disappointment. Despair. Betrayal. How can this be?!?! Perfect in so many ways, and yet she has this fatal flaw.
I call out to any and all those that call Steph their friend. Please help me with an intervention and get her to PCLA - Plain Corn Lover Anonymous. Please keep us in your thoughts and pray for her before it's too late.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Steph - A Fatal Flaw Found!
Posted by
Lance
at
2:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Good honk...You are such a drama king...corn shouldn't look like it's been chewed already then spit back in a cup...eww
It shouldn't taste like it either...
Lance,
I LOVED the creamed corn when we went there with you guys in April. It was delicious! I don't think Clayton was a fan but he's a very picky eater. You can always count on me to try just about anything and probably like it! But then again I'm usually the one that grosses others out by squeezing ketchup right onto the tray at the burger joint and then double dipping....just ask Helen.
goodness, lance!!! i have to say, i'm not sure if steph and i can still be friends. what kind of person doesn't like rudy's creamed corn? it's like nirvana in a lil' styrofoam container.
Oh my Lanta!!! Lance, your post made me laugh SO very hard!! :) And Stephanie, your comment was hilarious!! Loved it. Good times on the Hacking blog.
However I, too, find peace and sanctuary in Rudy's Creamed Corn, but with my newfound peace, I find that I am able to accept & embrace Stephanie as she is. :)
Steph - Brittany just got back from visiting Bret's family in TX and they went to Rudy's. She just told me that she wasn't that fond of the cream corn either!
Hey - I need to see if I have the right address for your parents. My mom is updating her Christmas card addresses. Will you email me at kccknowles@aol.com
Thanks - Kelie
For me, I'm afraid I'm on the Steph team of only eating corn that hasn't been pre-digested. (that excludes creamed corn for the most part). Love you, Steph!
Why does this not surprise me? For a girl who orders rice for every meal, I am surprised that you even stepped out on to a limb! I have not tried it yet myself, but next time I am there, I am in! For sure...
Candice...I so do not order rice for every meal!!!...Sometimes I get bread.Atkins is rolling over in his grave right about now...
Post a Comment