We Met my Sister Carey,and her family and Mom and Dad at Mt. Rushmore for the 4th of July weekend! It was a blast! --Literally :) There were a ton of people there..and I was so proud of mom for not going crazy with all the people everywhere! We had to arrive early to get a parking place in the garage, which we didn't want to lose, so after doing everything there was to do at Mt. Rushmore, which took about an hour...we decided to walk the 2 miles to a nearby town called Keystone. It was all downhill, but still there was much murmuring, wailing and knashing of teeth from the kids...I told them that they all would have been TERRIBLE pioneers...CRIMONY!
Once there, we had a good time...especially after ice cream. This sign was worth the walk....and poor ol' Abe...I know just how he feels...
For the return trip, me, my Dad and Carey are the only ones that walked back.....Doug got their car and squished everyone else in it so the kids wouldn't have to walk back....that was a peaceful walk.
It turns out that since we already had parking passes to be in the garage, we could have come and go as we pleased all day...oh, well....I needed to walk off that ice cream anyway...
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Mount Rushmore, South Dakota
Posted by
Hacking it up
at
12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment