Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Man the Ironman!

O.K., So a Lifetime Fitness Center just opened up near our house...Lance goes and checks it out,and comes home and says "I signed us up!" I , myself, am not really a "gym" person, but it's a nice place for the whole family...indoor/outdoor pools with waterslides, and rock-climbing walls were the big perks for the kids...for Lance it was the indoor lap pools. He was always a swimmer, and still very much enjoys this type of exercise, so, he decided to start on his self-proclaimed "Flab-to-Fab" program. He gets up, drops the kids off at school, then goes and either swims or does weights...depending on the day ( he's got it all worked out)Lance is definitely an all-or-nothing kind of guy, so on day one, he dscides to do the whole Flab-to-Fab in one shot. He jumps in the pool, and swims his little heart out! Later I get a call ffrom him saying," I just wanted you to know that you are married to a flabby old man!!" This of course, is not true, but to humor him, i inquired, "what makes you say that?" He then proceeds to tell me that swimming was harder than it used to be, and that after he was done, he got in the shower and started feeling a little nauseated...realizing, that if he indeed threw-up, he'd much rather do it in the privacy of his shower stall, rather than out in the locker room...so, he turned the shower to a cooler temperature and dry-heaved in the shower.....Now, me, being the loving, concerned,and compassionate wife that I am, burst into laughter, then reminded him that he wasn't supposed to do it all in one day! I am happy to report, that he has been going every morning now for a few weeks, and he has had no more "gastric issues" I'm so proud of him for being so dedicated, and for what it's worth--he is not one bit flabby...He's always been my hunka-hunka- burnin' love!! Keep it up Ironman!!!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

You are hilarious! :) I'm sure I woudl have had the same reaction to Nolan! Good for Lance for working it at the gym so hard--he's a diehard!!

hoLLy said...

very impressive! joey feels the same way, like hes become an old flabby man(which he SO is not). he was a big time surfer/snowboarder back in the day and this summer he surfed and came back in from the ocean exhausted and feeling "not like he used to" and quite disappointed. i laughed too. thats what wives are supposed to do, right? laugh at, i mean, support their husbands:)

Jan said...

What a man! Gotta love him for throwing himself into the whole routine!

100 Percent Cottam said...

gotta love that lance! that's hilarious!

Fantastic Five said...

Flab to Fab baby! BTW - you look great in goggles. Addison likes boys that wear goggles with pride. She is a fan herself!