Thursday, November 22, 2007

"I recognized you by your haircut"

Part of my "Fab to Flab" program includes swimming in freezing water at the gym. Today I was swimming and stopped at one end of the lap pool. I looked up and saw Steve and Candice getting in the hot tub. After I said "Hi", Candice remarked, "I thought that was you. I recognized you by your haircut."
As I started to swim again, I thought about that. She didn't say, "I recognized you by your hair". And since I was swimming, it wasn't like I was sporting some cool "do".
Hmm. Haircut. Haircut=less hair. She must be saying she recognized by my lack of hair! Basically, "When I saw your bald spot, I knew for sure it was you".


Ah great. That just killed 12 points on the Fab to Flab scale. I'm going to start bringing power tools and leaving them by the side of the pool so I feel more manly.

6 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Sweetie...you don't have a bald spot yet! You were such a bush-head last week before you got your haircut, that it really made a difference :)...I'm sure THAT is what Candice was referring to....And that time that Chase asked you "whoa Dad! Did you lose some hair?!" I'm sure that was just the way the sun was shining,...or something...

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, Lance & Stephanie, you guys crack me up to no end!! I love reading your posts and comments.

Jan said...

Does Candice know that she ruined your male self-image? Bring on the power tools -- she'll catch on!

Fantastic Five said...

Oh my goodness. Lance, you are so sensitive! What I meant was, that I noticed your hair (the color). You have no balding, even when it is wet, I promise. For if you did, I would not have mentioned it the way that I did. Plus, it was the muscular build that brought it to my attention that it was our good friend Lance in the pool - I just didn't want Steve to feel like I was looking ya over. Are we good?

hoLLy said...

LOL! i don't remember you even looking close to going bald. of course, its been over a year and maybe things have changed....baldness can come quite suddenly:)

Steve said...

Bald spot? I remember being there and no one said anything about me! Am I invisible??? : )

I would seriously have to agree though Lance. It was the Lats and Delts that helped us know it was our good friend Lance in the pool, not the bald spot : )