
So, as many of you know...I'm a decorator...I decorate....that's what I do...So, anyway, I have re-decorated my front room,it is a TOTALLY different color scheme, and as I was thinking about getting my Christmas decorations out soon, I realized...PANIC!...My current tree decor will NOT match the new room!!!...Gratefully, I came to this realization BEFORE it was time to trim the front room tree this year! WHEW!!So, I have done what any other decorator would do...I went and got new stuff to match the new color scheme...Talk about barely slipping out of a potentially totally embarrassing moment!!! I wouldn't be able to have our big Christmas party if I hadn't caught the dreadful mistake! :)
You don't have to roll your eyes and make fun of me...Lance does PLENTY of that!!...but go ahead if it makes you feel better...I know I feel better now, having resolved the problem....Here's some of the stuff that I couldn't live without...I mean that I needed...I mean that I satisfied my sick little sickness with...All from Target ( the BEST store in the Universe! ) and Kirkland's home(another favorite of mine)...so, not expensive! (Lance's favorite part..)
LOVE the bling balls!! And these Apothecary Jars, would not let me leave the store without them! (Although both of mine are completely intact...not sure what happened to that picture...) I got two sizes of the Mercury trees....the snow globe plays a song...but I don't remember what song....maybe "O Christmas tree?...seems fitting doesn't it? I also got a bunch of different silver, and teal-blue balls...but couldn't find a picture of those....still gotta find some ribbon too...


Thursday, November 15, 2007
Christmas decor crisis
Posted by
Hacking it up
at
10:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Crisis averted! You're awesom, Steph. You really are. I can't wait to see the new Christmas decor.
Oops -=- I do know there is an 'e' at the end of awesome.
Hmm. History of the front room:
week 1: I don't want to change it for a long time...I'm just looking.
week 2: New furniture. slightly different colors - looks the same to me :)
week 4: Obviously, new furniture requires new paint. Luckily Steph did it.
Week 5: New paint requires no do-hickeys and thinger-majigs laying around on tables etc.
Week 6: Apparently, Christmas has a style and our current stuff is SOOOO last year.
Week 7 (future): Soon, Steph will realize the kitchen doesn't match the new furniture in the front room and it will need to completely be re-done.
Week 8: Lance takes night job.
Luv Ya!
you do have a sickness! i wish i had it. my college dorm house looks better only because of YOU!!!
Lance...this is for positive comments ONLY....If you can't say something nice.....go away!
I'm dying at Lance's comments -- he is a good man, Steph!
Don't encourage him Jan....
Steph, Lance is so funny! He simply articulated what every man in the world actually thinks about decorating! Haha, I loved it!
Steph,
Add some pictures of your house, I need some decorating ideas!
Tami
Week 9: Candice reads blog, did you know that now nothing really flows now and a little bird told me that you are starting ALL over! She bought Christmas ornaments and SAVED you a ton of money on furniture, you go out and buy land! Now what to do? Oh, let me see, build a house, buy more furniture, more christmas trees, and more thinger-majigs. Really, I think this is a joing effort!
Post a Comment