Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Let's have a Read-In!





















So, yesterday, Conor brings this book home
from the school library
"Life as an Army Demolition Expert"
O.K.
Notice it is a High Interest book.
Just what every mother dreams of her child
reading in First grade....what's funny is. I am
sure there are MANY first grade boys who are
wondering what it would be like to be an
Army Demolition Expert...Chase and Wyatt were
quite impressed with this selection...this got me to thinking,
what other weird, brain washing books are there
at the Elementary School library?...What other weird
books are there at the local book store?
This called for an investigation, to ease my weird curiosity....
here's what i found...You're welcome...now you don't
have to spend mindless, un-neccessary hours of searching




















A question I often ask myself....























...ummmm, O.K....don't really need that...

















I wonder why they're so brief?....

















Dang...what a nasty way to go...
CSI probably got called in for that mystery


























Notice, these are both Second Edition....
I guess their strategies didn't go so well the first time...




























...This one is available at the cannery or
LDS distribution...




















WOW...how profound.



















































Sure to be found on the "Children's Classics" list






















...Well they didn't need to waste time writing this book
All they had to do was ask my kids....


















I'm pretty sure someone was watching me
when they wrote this book...I'm surprised
they didn't add, "...and walls, and poles, and
other people...and the island in the middle of the kitchen..."



















Better get this one for Lauren...I'll bet
she had no idea horses were targets for terrorists...








































...and saving the best and most important for last...
This seriously cracked me up, and I am FOR SURE buying it!!
I have a lovely place on my coffee table to display it.
And I'm not even kidding, IN FACT, WHEN I find it,
I will buy TWO, and give one away on my blog!!!
So, STAY TUNED!!!...
and in the mean time, brush up on your abandoning
ship skills...or somsing...

14 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, my!! I'm laughing out loud. Still.

Chelsey said...

How in the world did you find all of those?! I definitely need the shopping cart book, there will major competition for that one!

Kellie said...

Those look like great reads! The one that says "fellow fags" caught my interest because it's an antique. I wonder what they were talking about in that book back in the 40's or 50's??

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing. So funny. I'll be watching for that giveaway. I, too, have the perfect spot for that shopping cart book. Love it.

Hacking Highlights said...

That is so funny! It reminds me of when I was at BYU--bored in the library, procrastinating doing my homework, perusing the shelves--and I came across a totally nasty book. Not that someone left there, one that had a call number and all (no pun intended). Yes, in the BYU library!! Of course I had to show every person I knew, everytime I was at the library. I think I or someone else finally took it to the librarian. She probably put it back where we found it.

I will stay tuned for the shopping cart book give away! That is great!

Pedaling said...

your book review commentary cracks me up!
the how to avoid work book- my kids too are experts on that as well.

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh my gravy, those are hilarious, steph!

Brit H. said...

HAHAHA! I was laughed so hard I was crying!! My husband was wondering what was wrong with me! haha. Seriously, I almost went in to labor!

tiburon said...

Those are fantastic! I can't wait for the giveaway - I am on the edge of my seat. I need that little shopping cart book!

Diane said...

This is awesome! You are too funny!

emily said...

THANKS for all the laughs! Scott and I love to check in with you knowing we will get a good laugh out of it! Hope all is well!

Suzie said...

screamin' funny. what I wouldn't give to own a copy of Fellow Fags. Just to put on my front room table for when the Home Teachers come over.
Good times.

Nat said...

That is hilarious! Kade has brought books home that I have thought were a little strange to have in elementary school. Man, those shopping carts are always getting in my way, I hope I win the copy! :)

Kristi said...

This is why I love your blog--I loveit! My favorite was "What's wrong with my snake?" Because I am a horrible awful person!! Thanks for the laugh :)