Wyatt is learning about ocean animals in pre-school.
By pre-school, I mean the group of us gals in the ward
who are rotating being the "teacher".
The teacher he is going to now always does a great job!
She always has the kids doing creative crafts and
baking yummy things....she's great!
However, like I said, they are studying ocean animals
and what does Wyatt come home with yesterday?
Meet, "Mickey Mouse"...the fish.
Seriously.
Since when did Betas become ocean animals.
This was quite a surprise....my friend says,
"I hope this is alright!"
What?!?!?!
It's a LIVE animal!!!!
I guess it could have
been worse,...they could have been
studying snakes...or spiders...or rats...
Anyway, who could say no to a face like that?
When we got home he knew just the spot for "Mickey Mouse"
(why did he choose this name?...probably because
his little friend named hers Minnie Mouse....)
At school, while they were assembling the fish bowls,
he reached in and took the fish out
and placed it on the table...his teacher looked over to
see the poor thing flopping about and kindly reminded
the kids that fish will die out of the water!
So now anyone that goes near his fish, he says,
"Don't take it out!!!...It will die!!!"
He keeps a close eye on it...I'm sure
this doesn't scare the fish at all...
Of course, when Chase and Conor got home,
they convinced Wyatt that his fish is lonely and
needs "friends"...thus, the Lego guys...
I don't know how long the little guy will last,
or if he'll get along with his roommates...but
I guess we'll see....
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Blue Fish, Red Fish, ...When Will it be Dead Fish?
Posted by
Hacking it up
at
3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Wow, she went all out, I'd say! How can you one up that?! :)
Hmmm....those betas are pretty hearty, not like the feeder goldfish that only last a day or so after you get them home. Mickey could be around for a while.
Good thing they weren't learning about kittens...or farm animals...of course, maybe a calf could fit on your new lot?!
What's up with your house building anyway? You've reported nothing...and how's the MRSA coming along....going away?
Wow!! The kids in our neighborhood preschool would just gotten a paper fish. We had a fish tank when we first got married and I enjoyed watching the fish and getting new ones but they are a lot more work than I thought. Lets just say that they didn't last to long. It looks like your boys are enjoying the fish.
I love your attitude - you crack me up!! With that adorable little face I wonder how you can EVER tell Wyatt no! Maybe you could kill the fish and blame it on the gun wielding lego guy???
So cute - Wyatt's face is so excited. Maya is the same way - -she LOVES that fish. Karen is a super-star.
hee hee, yeah, thanks, karen! i'm hoping fishey doesn't last too long around here...
Love the face in the fishbowl! You have one cute boy there.
I think when it is your turn to do preschool, you should send the kids home with ferrets or something gross...I hate ferrets!
I used to do "parent preschool" as Sam used to call it, with friends too and loved it!
good stuff at this here blog.
don't you just love it when someone gives you a pet? (said sarcastically:) aubrey came home with a beta from a birthday party and i had mixed feelings about it at first(i don't want pets while i'm still poppin out kids, you know what i'm sayin? :) they are a lot of work! anyways, that fish lived over 3 years! but honestly, we loved that little guy! i cried when he died. i don't know if it was because i was sad or if it was because the next day was pet day at aubrey's school and that was our only pet. .) i was pretty sad though. i loved that little dude.
ohhhhhh...is your boy in the same class as natalie's?? i'll tell you what i told her: beware--fish are the gateway pet.
Yes Mindi!...and I saw your comment about your chicken...I actually would like a chicken...I think they're fun to chase around....but I don't want anything else...
I hope "mickey mouse" sticks around for a while! Wyatt is such a cutie I bet he's loving having his own pet! What a great pre-school what are you going to do to top that when it's your turn to teach again?? Maybe send the kids home with a monkey or something and you can say your learning about the jungle or the rainforest or something...besides who wouldn't want a pet monkey?? :)
Those pictures are priceless. Good thing, too. I'm not sure what I would do. I can't even handle all the crafts Haven brings home. Can you hang a live fish on the refrigerator? I'm guessing, "no."
I can just imagine how excited Wyatt is about his new fishy! What a cute boy! I wouldn't trust Anna with a live pet...um no. I hope Mickey Mouse stays around for a while...what is the expected life span of a beta anyway? Love the picture of Wyatt looking through the bowl.
I have an idea....go on vacation for awhile, and "forget" to have someone feed it. Oh wait, you did that, and the fish lived. Nevermind. Give Wyatt a fish kiss for me.
I've always wondered how Karen handles all her kids AND pets. She's one amazing chick!
Love the legos. You've got to love boys! And yours are the cutest :)
Post a Comment