Yeah, got my attention also.
This last weekend was the Fathers-and-Sons
camp-out. I took my three boys. While setting up
our tent, an 11-yr old came over to talk shop with
my 9-yr old. I realize youth have lots of stuff going
on and things to worry about, however, call me old
fashion, but I didn't think "learning to breed" was
one of them.
Needless to say, I started listening a bit more closely.
Turns out it was related to some dumb video game
(which is now struck from our list of ones to buy).
My other favorite quote for the camp-out:
Conor, my 6 yr old: "Dad, this year's not too bad.
Better than last year."
That night, we were hit with one of Texas' famous
thunderstorms - short lived, but fantastic. Lightning
was everywhere for a few hours.
It was beautiful, but I don't think my sons like it -
unless curled up in the fetal position covering their
ears and eyes and crying is some kind of new game.
So, we all sat in the car and watched a movie
until 10:30PM when they were so tired I could take
them back the the tent where they plopped to sleep.
Ah, good times.
Next morning was nice and we spent it down at the
river watching boys be boys (no, I don't mean
grunting, burbing, forgetting everything girls say
and peeing on stuff). No video games, no computers
- just exploring and dorking around. They didn't
want to leave.
I'm so looking forward to summer!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
"I just need to learn to breed"
Posted by
Lance
at
9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
chris said it was a great time! i was surprised they made it thru the night with the crazy weather, but he said they had a blast!
I was so proud of you brave boys!
Dang! I was scared in the house!...I thought for sure you were going to come home, but you stuck it out!! Hooray for you!...I'm glad you didn't get carried away in a tornado!...of course you weren't in the trailer, so I guess you were OK... :)
i love what conor said:) i bet that made you feel soooo good.
I was sure Mark, Chris and Mason wouldn't last once all the thunder and lightning started -- but they said they had a ball and Mason giggled through it all. What an adventure!
gotta love the father son campouts! I know us moms definately do! Sounds like it was a pretty exciting one too.
How fun! Those boys make me laugh! I miss talking to them! Proud of you guys for sticking out the lightening.
Post a Comment