Monday, April 14, 2008

Hey Kettle, you're black!


Just got back from a trip. On one flight, While still at the gate, I started munching on a bag of almonds I brought. They had some kind of powered coating (ricin?, Sudafed?), but tasted great and and finished the bag off and put on the iPod.
The flight attendant then closed the door. The flight was only about 50% full. I then saw a rather portly, less attractive guy get up and start talking to the girl in the row behind me. Not sure if he was making his move, a co-working, or what, but he clearly was trying to convince her to come sit in an empty chair by him and she didn't look too excited. Hmm, no wonder. The slob had a dumb t-shirt on and had clearly spilled a few drops of breakfast on it. What a loser. Eventually, she did go sit on the same row with the guy.
I was still smiling at how dumb the guy looked with food stains on his shirt. I was kind of wondering why nobody moved to sit on my row. The entire row was empty except for me. I then looked down at my own shirt. Covered, I mean COVERED in white powder from the almonds. It looked like a flour bomb had gone off on my chest. I'm sure I had an equal amount on my face. Hmm, maybe if I opened my laptop I'd look more attractive...

- Black Pot

6 comments:

Hacking it up said...

You didn't tell me about that! That's very funny hon....That's why I always stick to peanut m&m's...no powder....melt in your mouth, not in your hand...

BTW --why, EXACTLY would you want some girl to come sit by you on the plane???!!?!?!?!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i think that is AWESOME! totally something i would do. nice one, lance.

hoLLy said...

thats a friggin hilarious story! i was reading that thinking it was steph talking and getting a little bit confused. then i saw "lance" at the bottom. now it all makes sense, perfect sense indeedy.

Jan said...

Still cracking up over this one.

I'm a black pot too, I'm sure!

Chelsey said...

Funny story Lance! I always find myself telling Anna to keep her mouth closed while she is eating, then I realize I have food in my mouth while I'm lecturing her. Pot!

Fantastic Five said...

you obviously didn't have your wifes friend around to spat water at you and get that powder off. See how useful I am? I feel so underappreciated. I don't think the laptop would have helped to be honest. You are just so cute on your own. Have you not seen your wife? Halo? People like her do not marry just anyone. Seriously! Okay!