Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stake Out!

Back in December, we bought 2 acres...
We have since been drawing up house plans,
finalizing blue prints, figuring out construction
loans, etc....


















See those orange stakes? That means progress!!!
Those are the result of our labors with
our builders Sat. morning.We went to our
property and staked out where the house
and garage, and driveway were going to be!

















Here's Lance standing in his "garage"
















And here they are staking out the "kitchen"















These are the Architect's initial renderings..










Of course we've made a couple of changes,
and are still fine tuning what we want the outside
to look like...but this gives you a general idea...
It's going to be a Mediterranean style house
complete with tile roof and iron verandas....

In 2 weeks, they will begin clearing and grading
and leveling the front acre...there's still much
to do before we begin construction, but we're
moving along!

We're hoping to avoid problems like these....



















Wrought Iron verandas?
Love 'em....but I prefer
the top one to the bottom..
















...and I'm hoping our stairs actually
lead to, well...upstairs!

















...if the grader knows what he's doing,
we won't have to worry about having
a driveway of death!...seriously....
how can that even be legal?


















..and although this would be MUCH cheaper to build,
I'd really rather live in a full-size house...

In any case, we are planning on putting
our house
on the market in June or July...
Lance says we'll be ready by June....
but I know better! :)

Anyone want to move to Austin? :)

12 comments:

hoLLy said...

the house is going to be gorgeous!! how exciting for you guys!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i will miss having you around the corner! although i love that you're not going far...

Unknown said...

Congrats on all the progress we are so excited and happy for you guys...the new house is going to be gorgeous..to answer your question we would LOVE to move to Austin and we could just buy your house when you put it on the market...lol I can only wish..I don't think my allergies could handle more than a weekends visit :)

Mindi said...

good luck with that--my husband and i built our house 5 years ago together--they say if your marriage can survive building a house, it can survive ANYTHING! we are living proof--i'm happy for you, and it looks beautiful

LittlePartyof7 said...

It looks like it will be beautiful-How exciting!! It will be so fun seeing it all come together!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting! My only questions is: what is your laundry room going to be like? We think about moving from time to time and that is my major concern. I'm not moving for anything less than a decked out laundry room. I do realize that this is a very sad commentary on my life.

Jan said...

Love the idea of the new house -- but only the IDEA. I hate the idea that you will be in another ward -- sigh. Change - I'm not good at it. Happy for you = sad for me.

Hacking it up said...

Jenn-I have 2 laundry rooms. A large one upstairs with cabinets and counter space, etc... and a smaller one downstairs.....the kids' rooms are all upstairs and yes...they will be doing their own laundry ! My room is downstairs and I'll do my own :)

Chelsey said...

Congrats you guys. I bet you're so excited to get a move on with the new house. Like Angie I would love to come and buy your house but my nose wouldn't survive. I hope we can come down soon after it's done and see it! Maybe like this January again! :)

Fantastic Five said...

i so happy for you. okay. plus you will be closer to me, and that is always a bonus, okay. what a blast it will be to decorate a whole entire house again. okay. you have good taste or somsing, cuz dang love it okay. not even jealous a little okay.

Nat said...

Hooray for progress!! Man, Lance looked like a spec in the huge garage he was standing in!Good luck with all the plans!

Kellie said...

That's going to be so fun. Make sure you keep us up to date on the progress. I think the worst is over - deciding on your plans and getting them approved! Have fun!!