Wednesday, April 23, 2008

...and they lived happily ever after!





















Happy Anniversary!!

Today is my Mom and Dad's
39th Anniversary!!!
I have learned so much about marriage
and relationships from my parents.
They have ALWAYS put each other first,
before anyone, or anything else.
As long as I can remember, they have
had their Friday night date...much to me
and my sisters dismay, as we were left to
babysit our bratty little brothers (they got better!)
And now my girls have been subjected to the same
fate while Lance and I go out on our date night
every Friday night! (thanks girls!)
Through my parents example, I have learned
that marriage is not always easy, but if you put
each other first, and keep an eternal perspective,
always working to be obedient to the Lord's will,
you CAN live happily ever after!

Thanks Mom and Dad! Love you!

12 comments:

Helen said...

One of the greatest and most satisfying results of our 39 years are our children,their spouses and our grandchildren.
Thank you! Love you all!!!!!!!

Dad and Mom

Chelsey said...

Happy Anniversary you two. We love you and hope you have a great day! That is amazing to have 39 years of marriage together and still be happy and in love. We love you! Cody, Chelsey Anna and Jake

TheSainOnes said...

Happy Anniversary. We love you guys and have great memories of growing up around you and doing things with you.

tiburon said...

Happy Anniversary to them!!! Congrats on 39 years :)

Jan said...

Yay for them! I love hearing stories like this one. Hope their anniversary is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your parents! That is so great. My mom and Jim's anniversary was yesterday. Good time to get married, I guess.

Pedaling said...

what a beautiful tribute to your parents.
i actually saw this post of yours this morning, but i was on my way out the door and meant to come back and comment as i noticed the awesome day they chose to marry!! then the day got crazy and you know how it goes....
i love their picture, too. really is there anything better than dated pics? i think not.

hoLLy said...

happy anniversary to your parents!!! 39 years is a huge accomplishment-especially these days.

Carey said...

What a sweet tribute to Mom and Dad! Next year we need to have a big party. And hey, if it weren't for those Friday nights we wouldn't have the entire South Pacific movie memorized, and that is a blessing to everyone!

Kellie said...

That is great! My parents just celebrated their 40th! I also remember my parents "date night" and DREADING babysitting my pesty brothers. Brittany was too young to help - at least you had Carey. Dave and I have also carried on that tradition and whenever Maddie complains about it (Talbie never complains) I tell her I had to do it - she has to do it - and her poor daughters will have to do it :)

Unknown said...

South pacific makes me want to gouge my eyes out, yes I said gouge, with a red hot poker, I still wake up having nightmares about that dang Movie. Hahaha Love Clayton

Nat said...

Happy anniversary! What a great picture! Wayne looks just like Chad in that picture, or other way around I guess!