Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy B-Day Mark!









Hey buddy, I know you can't read this, but
hope you have a great day. We are so grateful
to have you in our family. It is always uplifting
to talk to you on the phone and read your letters.
I'm especially impressed that you remember all
the kids' birthdays and make a card for them.
Usually, when your card comes in the mail, that's
how I remember. Will you please start sending a
card for my anniversary ? Although my

sister-in-law Carey tends to remind me 2 or 3
or 467 times...


I thought people would enjoy seeing one of the
cards you have made or had made.

Although ink pens are available, in prison, you
can't exactly go to Hobby Lobby and pick up a set
of paints. People come up with amazingly
innovative ways to get stuff done in prison. For this
card, the coloring on Skittles and M&Ms was used to
paint the boy's flag, shirt, and hair as well as the
fur on the Lynx. Pretty cool!



We love you and can't wait to see you this summer!

11 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Happy Birthday Mark! We love and miss you! Looking forward to seeing you in July!

Jan said...

That art work is amazing -- it really looks like a card you would just go buy. Awesome! Happy BD!

Chelsey said...

That card is amazing. That is awesome artwork and coloring. Hope he has a great day today.

Littletime said...

The Card is cool, I may have to try coloring with M & M and skittles thats pretty amazing. Hope Mark has a happy birthday.

100 Percent Cottam said...

wow, that card is awesome. very clever indeed. happy birthday to mark!

TheSainOnes said...

Happy Birthday Mark. How lucky you are to have a family that loves you so much.

Mindi said...

w.o.w. now i am an even bigger fan of lance's than i was before (cliff notes version of twilight? STILL getting people coming to my blog to see that one!). love that he would pay tribute to his brother and love him through both good AND bad.
you just converted this person to feeling compassion instead of contempt. thank you for putting a "real" face on this for me!

Brit H. said...

I had no idea that Mark was such an artist! Scott always tells us about all of the innovative things that they come up with in prison. Amazing. Who wudda thought? Anyway, love the post, happy b-day Mark!

Carey said...

Hey Lance, your anniversary is exactly 103 days. I hope you're planning something special (jerk)

tiburon said...

I had no idea you were related. Those are some fantastic drawings. And I concur with Mindi - making me feel compassion instead of contempt.

Nat said...

very impressive skittle & m&m work there! He is definately lucky to have such a great family that loves and supports him! Hope he had a great day!