Well, it's done. we closed on our property yesterday, and are now the proud owners of 2 acres of dirt, rocks, trees and a bunch of debt! :) We really are excited for this opportunity though. It'll be nice for the boys to have a place to really be boys, so that when they throw rocks and sticks, it won't hit the neighbors house...maybe...Here are some shots of the place. It is literally up and around the corner from where we live now...within a mile! We now get to begin the tedious process of designing a house, ( which, actually, personally, I'm delighted with! ) applying for permits,and installing a septic system...good times. We'll post pics. of the whole process as we go along....lucky you!:)
Looking towards the "Driveway" out to the street. ( the Suburban is at the entrance)
This is where we are probably going to put the house
Backyard...I guess...or as Lauren suggests, where she will be putting her barn, horse, and riding arena....hope she's saving her money....
More backyard...
View from where side of house will be
Yet, more backyard.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
This land is our land!...
Posted by
Hacking it up
at
3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys Steph! I bet your creative designing bug is just itching to get started!
We look forward to coming to visit you guys when it's done! You know what would be a really great idea? We'll just buy your existing house from you and then we can be neighbors! Is there a BestBuy down there?
yahoo! that is SO exciting! although i'll miss being such close neighbors with you. but i'm glad you're not going far.
Yay for you guys! I love it -- I'll hate it that you won't be in our ward but you will be close so that we will still see you!
Congrats you land barons! That is great, I'm very excited for you. Have fun designing that dream house!
That is so exciting! You've got your work cut out for you but I know that you are more than up for the challenge.
Wow! Stephanie, how exciting for you guys! And how sweet that you get to design your own house--yahoo! But what will we do without you in the ward? Crap! :)
I am sad that you have to be poor like us for a year, but glad that you will be even that closer to living by me. I can't wait to see where your creative minds takes you in this house! Yay!
That is awesome. You must have saved Lance a ton of Money$$! If there is anyone who will use land to its fullest, it is you guys. Make sure when you design your house that it will hold at least a 1,000 people for your holiday party.
Post a Comment