

So, every night before bed, we gather in our family room for family scripture reading, and prayers. This is a time we really enjoy...mostly...when some of the kids aren't standing on their heads or sitting on each others'...anyway, last night we began reading in Helaman, chapter 12 in the Book of Mormon, Lance began to read the chapter heading, "Men are unstable and foolish and quick to do evil..." He stopped there because the girls and I burst into laughter! Lance put on a pouty face, and I said," Hey!...It says it right there in the scriptures! 'Whether it is by my word or by the word of my prophets, it is the same!!'" Scripture reading was short last night...
For those of you who are interested in learning more about the Book of Mormon, or the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints look at Mormon .org
Also, at lds.org
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Family Scripture Sudy
Posted by
Hacking it up
at
9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's so funny. Tonight - read him D&C 60:5. It says..."Let there be a craft made, or bought as seemeth you good, it mattereth not unto me."
I read this to Dave every time he thinks I buy (or make) too many crafts!
If you see something you like - buy it!
OK Kellie...that cements the fact we are kindred spirits...I ALWAYS tell everyone that in my decorating "If you like it, buy it!"..I've got a lot of husbands mad at me! :)
hee hee, love it!
Helamen was a very wise man! We are pretty foolish and always the first ones to mess things up.(at least that is what everyone tells me). Scripture reading is awesome, especially if you can get at least one thing from them each time.
Post a Comment