Monday, December 3, 2007

Efficiency

The image “http://calnewport.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/einstein.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.Conor says the funniest things sometimes...I think he is an old man in a six year olds body...He's been a bit of a stinker at school because he is bored stiff.He seriously can't understand why he has to do stupid assignments that he already knows how to do...he feels it is a waste of his valuable time...However, the other day he brought home a math-a-thon packet for the St.Jude's hospital fund raiser. He sat down to the table and started working on it all on his own. I said, "Conor, what are you doing?", he said, "My teacher said that if I did this, I'd get a t-shirt" I replied, "That's right--good for you" He worked for a minute then said,"My teacher also said that for every problem that I get right, you'll give me a penny." My response"Oh Really?...O.K. when you get them all done let me know and I'll get you your pennies." He sat there and worked for a minute then said," Mom. The most efficient way would be for you to pay me after I finish each problem..." How silly of me not to realize the most EFFICIENT way...so I laughed a little then said,"Actually, Conor, I believe the most EFFICIENT way would be to pay you all at once at the end...so get busy..." I don't think he realizes fully that the money that I give him is for the kids at the hospital, and not for him....I guess some things are missed, even by a genius..:)

5 comments:

Jan said...

Conor! He's adorable and smart as can be. I love that kid. I really do.

Kristi said...

Conor is awesome--and a math whiz at that! I like how efficient his brain is--what an adorable boy.

Fantastic Five said...

Watch out for that boy! He is so stickin' smart. I can't believe he knows what efficient means. That is classic.

100 Percent Cottam said...

that is sooo cute! what a funny boy.

hoLLy said...

efficient-what a smart word! i love it when i hear words come out of the kids mouths that i didn't teach them, something they just picked up.....ok, that didn't come out right. i didn't mean cuss words. :)