Monday, December 24, 2007

Awesome Christmas Displays

Last night we went driving around to see the lights in the neighborhoods. These two were our favorites! This house has you tune your radio to 107.9fm and it has a Christmas message from the owner then plays 2 songs with the lights synchronized to them! I only posted the last 16 seconds of it because it was too big of a file to do the whole thing,...but you get the jist!


This was our other favorite....If you haven't heard, the motto in Austin is "Keep Austin Weird" I think these guys did a great job of keeping the holiday spirit while keeping Austin weird!

The front yard is ...well, when Conor saw it he said," WOW! It looks like a light bomb went off here!"
The Grinch and the Cat in the Hat
These frigid friends put on a good show
The girls making last minute desperate pleas to Santa
Conor got a kick out of this guy "Taking off that snowman's head"
The girls liked this snowman ironing...ironic isn't it?
Personally, I like a man with a vacuum

But wait!...There's more! Passageway to the backyard
We were greeted by a plethera of blow-ups


Melekalikimaka Santa!...and blow-up Hula guy wearing a coconut bra...
The buck stopped here.....Git 'r' Done...
It's a good thing this guy is around!...Cause, dang! Can you say FIRE HAZZARD?
Taking a breather...I like how Lauren is wearing short pants and flip-flops even though it's 35 degrees...at least she put on a sweatshirt this time...teenagers....
And saving the best for last, my personal favorite, the cross-dressing Abominable Snowman from Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer!
And after all of that...all is calm, and it's a silent night :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Where do you find this stuff? I'm just sad that I already have a wreath. Maybe next year!

Jan said...

Amazing. Really amazing. My favorite, though was the one of the boys all sacked out in the back seat! Such cuties! Merry Christmas to you guys! Love you all.

Steve said...

We do the same thing every year! It is always a blast to see how the kids react to the lights. The one that "the bomb went off at" was our kids favorite. I wonder what their electric bill is for December????"

Merry Christmas!!!!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i love love love that house! {the 2nd one.} maya calls it "the house where you can sneak into their back yard" and it's the highlight of her christmas. it was even better this year!

Fantastic Five said...

we went back on Christmas night with Steve's family. That place is crazy. What do you think that their electric bill is? I saw that they have a completely separate box for all that stuff. Crazy man...