I've been tagged a few times for things...this list was done awhile ago, and some of you have already seen it...sorry...please skip this if you have....there's much better things you can do with your time I am sure! Anywhoo...For those of you who have not seen this yet,....skip this, I'm sure there are much better things you can do with your time....
OK ...my friend Candice said to do this...I read hers and it was very enlightening...not to mention HILARIOUS! I LOVE YOU CANDICE!! I'm not sure I can think of 101 things about myself, but here it goes......
1. I love peanut M&M's ( I have to start somewhere...)
2. Peanut M&M's give me heart-burn, but I don't care.
3. I LOVE to travel...esp. with family!
4. Speaking of travel, in my heart-of-hearts, if money were no object, I would take my kids out of school, and we would travel the world and gain our education that way....Lance would have to teach them math...
5.I hate spiders...and scorpions...they totally freak me out....boy, do I live in the wrong place!
6. I am funny about smells...I LOVE good smells as much as I abhor bad smells....esp. bad breath...gag.I told Lance he can't go out to all of his Indian and Thai restraunts with his buddies from work anymore because when he comes home he STINKS!
7. No matter how I try, I am almost always at least 10 minutes late to everything.....gotta work on that one, right Candice? :)
8. I am a total clod....the most clumsy, ungraceful person you'll ever meet. I am always covered in bruises from bonking into things...Lance finally quit asking me where they all came from.
9. I am a good artist, I just don't ever draw anymore....
10. I love to color in coloring books, esp. Barbie, or Disney princess books, where I can make them have pretty dresses and do their make-up.
11.I hate Tamales. I don't like chili either.....again, living in the wrong place...
12.I used to like to cook, and even had my own gourmet cooking vinegar business , but not anymore. I really don't like cooking anything anymore, except cookies, and candy.
13.My favorite movie of all time is "South Pacific" Lance makes fun of me, and the movie, but I don't care. Me and my sister used to watch it every Friday night when my parents were on their date, and we were left to watch my 3 little brothers.
14. My brothers hate the movie, "South Pacific".
15. I LOVE broadway shows, and love to sing show tunes at the top of my lungs...my sister is the same......we used to do it all the time and still do. Whenever we get together we will just break out in song--even on the walkie-talkies on trips
16. My brothers, and our husbands hate show tunes.
17.I love to play games with my family--we always have so much fun! My favorite is" Loaded Questions" My mom HATES that game because of all of the obnoxious answers we all write down all of the time.....we all have a distorted love of annoying and irritating my mom.
18.I hate it when people use improper English. I don't know why, but it grates on my nerves.
19.I love to laugh and have fun. I love surrounding myself with funny people, and I like to make people laugh. Tim Conway is one of my FAVORITES....If you haven't seen the movie "The Private eyes" with Tim Conway, and Don Knotts, you really MUST! It is another one of my favorite movies
20.I don't like mean people.
21.I love to do yard work, but I don't love the clean-up.
22.I love to have a clean house, and I hate clutter, although you would never guess that if you saw my kitchen counter.
23. I hate all of the papers that come home from school....they clutter my kitchen counter.
24. I always wanted to go to Med-School and become a surgeon...I still would love to be a surgeon, but I don't have time to go to Med-School to do it....I wonder if they have independent study courses on-line.......
25. When I was little, besides being a surgeon, I wanted to do some archeology on the side with Indiana Jones ...I think we would have made a good team....I've always loved Egyptology and also Mythology.
26.I worked full-time and went to college full-time, year-round and graduated from college with my nursing degree when I was 20. I worked as a surgical nurse, which helped take the edge off of wanting to be a surgeon so bad. I loved working in surgery...esp. the big stressful, bloody cases.....I know, I'm sick....Lance tells me that all the time.....
27.I do have a horrible sickness called interior decorator-itis. I love to decorate...and it IS an illness. My house will never be "done". Lance is very patient.
28.I want everyone everywhere to decorate their houses. I often try to help as many as possible...but then I get tired, and just want them to do it themselves.
30. I hate Brass. It is ugly. It should be replaced.
31. I hate popcorn ceilings.....fix that.
32. I LOATHE flat paint. It should never have been invented. If you have it, paint over it with a nice egg-shell finish from Sherwin-Williams.
33. I'm pretty sure flat paint causes cancer.......so do Brass fixtures
34. I live for my Friday night dates with Lance....people pretty much know to not ask me to do anything, or go anywhere on Friday night...IT"S DATE NIGHT!!!!
35.We love going to movies for our date night with our movie going buddies Candice and Steve...we bring contraband peanut M&M's and licorice in our big purses because movie theatres charge entirely too much for their treats. However we do buy popcorn (what else am I going to put my M&M's in?) and a cherry coke...that is my splurge for the week....the coke, not the M&M's...I eat those all the time.
36.I used to be a very good pianist....I play by ear.....but you know what they say...use it or lose it! I can still play, but not nearly as well.
37.I once tested positive on a drug test for Opiates from a poppy seed muffin that I had for breakfast.
38.Cigarette smoke stinks....and it is a very bad habit....and it stinks....remember me and smells?...
39.There is NO WAY I am going to make it to 101.
40. I hate chain letter type things, So if you ever want to get your dishtowel, recipe, children's storybook, or whatever,...you won't want to include me, because I just won't do it...I'm too lazy.
41. Sluffing some classes in High School, and egging some cars are pretty much the worst things I've ever done...
42.Are you bored yet?...I am.
43.Lance and I grew up about 3 blocks from each other,went to the same high school, and never knew each other until he came back from his mission and we met in the singles ward
44. I really don't like to exercise that much.Although, I do like doing my Eliptical....and I enjoy Tae Bo kick-boxing with Billy Blanks ...except that I am an ungraceful clod...remember? I love mountain biking, but don't really get to do that anymore...maybe I do like some exercising...I think I just forget.
45. I will never be as skinny, or as tan, or as organized as my sister.
46. I have finally resolved myself to the fact that I always have had, and always will have a big, fat butt. It sucks, but it is my burden alone to bear.
47. I wish I would have appreciated the time that I was skinny, even though I thought I was fat then too...I'd love to be that "fat" again.....sigh
48. I used to be very shy..(I got better) Esp. around boys. I always felt that I was not very attractive, and the fact that I didn't date or get asked to any of the school dances cemented that thought. I did get to help mt sister get ready for all of her dates and dances though.
49.I am a hopeless romantic. I love romantic movies and books. I of course loved, loved ,loved the "Twilight" books, and have become a fan of Jane Austen,and Charlotte Bronte ( Jane Eyere has become one of my FAVORITE books as of late...) I am also a big fan of Marcia Lynn McClure and her "clean-romance" books! ( Thanks to my sister for introducing those to me!)
50. I have re-kindled my love of reading and since May have read over 25 books.Not much house-work gets done on the days I read......I get so involved in my book while the kids are at school, time flies by, and once the kids get home from school...it's chaos!
51. A lot of times after the kids get home from school, and we are in the midst of Chaos, snacks and homework, I think to myself "Where did all of these kids come from, and why do I have to take care of them?"
52. My sister and I used to have HUGE crushes on Bo and Luke Duke, and we were certain that they were hiding out in our cornstalks in our garden.
53.I hate potty-training.
54. I hate throw-up.
55.I hate mornings.
56. I love the sun, but not when it's too hot with humidity....again with the area in which I live....
57.I have been to 35 states, Canada, Mexico & the Bahamas. I want to get to Europe and the rest of the U.S. .
58.I am bored with this.
59.I like lots of different kinds if music.
60.I've had Fibromyalgia for 13 years, and it irritates the crap out of me...esp. when it flares up...I usually just try to ignore it.
61.I always wanted to be an ice skater...I used to go skating a bit when I was younger, and I would try to do tricks. Sometimes it worked....and sometimes I fall in front of all of my friends that I was showing off for,and rip the ligaments in my knee at a junior high activity, where they threatened to call an ambulance, but I told them to just call my mom instead.
62.I still love to watch figure skating....Lance makes fun of me...shut-up Lance.
63.I always wanted to be 5'10", but I stopped at 5'8".....guess I didn't get the memo.
64.I love to drink milk. ( except on Friday nights when I have a cherry coke at the movie on my date!)
65.My favorite thing to see on boys (men) is good-fitting jeans (Lance has a cute bum) a polo-type shirt and a baseball hat on backwards.....so cute! He has to smell good too of course!
66.I hate that I have so much gray hair at age 36.
67.I color the roots of the gray hair that I have.
68.This is taking entirely too long.
69.I am a carb-oholic
70. Atkins is an idiot.
71. I'm eating peanut M&M's as I sit here typing.
72.A lot of good that Eliptical did me this morning...
73.I hate that so many boys have long, shaggy hair....you look like crap! Get a hair cut.
74.I don't like scary movies...they freak me out....but sometimes I like them....but I have to watch them through my fingers over my eyes.....scary movies make me swear.
75.Sometimes I wish I was born in the 18th century so I could wear poofy, pretty dresses...Like the Disney princesses.....that would be fun.
76.I need a tummy-tuck, and a lipo-suck.
77.I like to be tan....I'm pretty sure I'll have cancer someday.
78.I like jewelry. Lance gave me a blue box from Tiffany's with a bracelet inside.....that was a good day. Lance is awesome.
79.Men who don't give their wives jewelry suck.
80.I like the Star Wars movies....but only the ones with Han Solo in them.
81.I like the Indiana Jones movies...but not the second one as much...I just liked the parts with Harrison Ford in there on that one.
82.Every morning when Lance is walking down the sidewalk to take the kids to school, and to go to work, I always yell "Cute Bum!!!" and he always says "I know!" One morning a little Chinese man walked by right when I yelled it. Lance was already in the car. The Chinese man looked at me like I was crazy.....I see him walk by the house a lot now.....
83. I am so sick of this....I should be putting laundry away, cleaning my house, and taking a shower...I don't want to stink for my date night tonight...
84.Sometimes, when people ask me if I like how something looks, I will say yes, even if I don't like it, because I don't want to hurt their feelings.
85. One time, my mom and sister let a lady walk out of the bathroom and into a crowded event with toilet paper hanging out of the back of her pants. I was disqusted with them for not telling her....then I laughed a little.
86.One time Lance and I were sitting behind my mom at a movie and we put a piece of popcorn on top of her stiff hair to see how long it would stay there. during the movie, someone pulled the fire alarm, and so we were evacuated--the popcorn stayed. We were admitted back into the theater to continue the movie.---the popcorn stayed. We finished watching the movie and went out in front of the theater to re-group---the popcorn stayed. I was having a very hard time containing my laughter. Finally some girl from across-the -way walked over and told my mom, and helped her get it out of her hair.....that girl should mind her own business.
87.Sometimes I crack myself up.
88. Another time, Lance and I were at a theme park with some friends. We were standing in line to get a funnel cake. I dettatched the rope dividing the lines and hooked it onto the back of Lances' friends belt-loop of his pants. He walked all the way to the window, ordered, got his funnel cake and began walking away with it before the tug of the rope stopped him in his tracks...Everyone in line had been watching all of this and burst out laughing...me especially, because I don't like that guy.
89. That wasn't very nice...I am so ashamed...a little.
90.Good grief...10 more....clearly I am running out of things to say.
91.I used to be in love with Ricky Schroeder from Silver Spoons.....I collected pictures of him in a folder, and my mom took them away because I wasn't doing as well in school as i should have, and she thought that he was a distraction...that broke my heart.
92.I invented roller-blades when I was 10 years old. I tried to make some out of a 2 X 4 and some tuna cans....it didn't work.
93.I have no depth perception.
94. One time I ran our car into the obnoxious pole smack in the middle of our garage in our house in Oregon.
95. I have no depth perception
96.I like to read People magazine and the Enquirer in line at the grocery store...except for when they had articles in there about our family...then I didn't like reading them so much...people should just mind their own business....anyway, did you hear that Lindsay Lohan is out of rehab again?...
97.I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
98.Wow, what a waste of our time eh?
99.When I was in second grade, I got kicked out of our "Medic" game we were playing in P.E. because I was chewing gum and had to go write sentences about not chewing gum....but I really showed them!...It was rubber cement I was chewing, NOT gum!!! Ha! ha!
100.Fina-freakin-ly!!!
alright...I did it.....now i need to go do something constructive!
O.K.- So I'm a dork....I only wrote 100 things on my 101 things about me list... but come on, are you really surprised? As I've talked to my friends that have done this, even though it seemed a hard thing to do at first, now I can't stop myself.....I keep thinking of things to add,....so, I will....
101.Sometimes I am a little absent-minded, and I often lose my train of thought......wait,...what was I talking about?
102.I LOVE holidays!! I love to decorate for holidays, I love to eat holiday treats, I love holiday parties....esp.Halloween and Christmas!
103.I actually love all parties...I love to plan them, make the invitations to them, decorate for them....but when the party time actually comes, I'm too tired and I don't want to do it any more....I really like going to parties that other people put on....
104.When kids mix Play-Doh colors, it gives me anxiety...but I'm learning to deal with it
105. The same thing goes for water-colors.
106. I hate Moon Sand...it makes a huge mess...don't believe a word they say on the commercials.
107.I don't like my food to touch each other on my plate. My dad used to purposely spoon my corn on top of my mashed potatoes just to irritate me....it worked.
108. I might have a little OCD.....
109.Fall is my very favorite time of year.
110. I love Quaking Aspen trees, they are my favorite.......they don't grow in Texas though....
111. Lilacs are my favorite flowers...mmmm! they smell so good! ...again, they don't grow in Texas though......What am I doing here?....
112.Red is my favorite color...not for roses though....I like other colors for those....
113.I love putting a new piece of gum in my mouth, but then I get sick of it pretty fast.
114.People with road rage should just calm down....Lance....
115.I love Christmas music, but I won't play it until the day after Thanksgiving, when I'm putting up my Christmas decorations
116.I am afraid of the ocean and deep lake water....it freaks me out....It doesn't keep me from playing in them....I'm just a little freaked out...
117.I am funny about teeth. I like them straight and white.....it's what makes, or ruins your smile. I often have dreams about my teeth falling out, or being really crooked.....I hate those nightmares.
118.I think long toe-nails are gross....I prefer them very short.
119.I am a great bargain finder....I save Lance SO MUCH money, but I don't think he believes me.....
120.I like to buy cute clothes (at bargain prices of course...) But I get really ticked off when I go home and put them on, and I look NOTHING like the model....
121.Sometimes I like to speak with an English accent....it's fun.....must be my ancestry coming out....
122. Sometimes I like to speak with a Spanish accent....I have no idea where that comes from....
123.I LOVE Pooh Bear.....That bear is great!....he makes me laugh
124.I love to scare the waddin' out of people...it is very funny....but I don't like it when people scare me....it's not that funny then....
125.It irritates me that Lance can scare me so easily all the time, but I can never scare him. He'll be sorry someday when I go into Cardiac Arrest....that'll show him...
126.I love to pick Zits...but I hate getting them myself.....I also enjoy peeling skin off a good sunburn....I know, I'm sick.....It's extremely satisfying though....
127.I never learned to type. I'm a hunter and a pecker...I'm getting pretty good at it though...
128.Sometimes I am kind of lazy.....
129. I LOVE my yellow Toyota FJ Cruiser! My favorite thing to do is take it diggin' in the mud....the more mud the better!...It just makes me happy!
130.I hate science fair projects
131.Me and my sister used to have "tea-parties" on top of the haystack at my Granddad's farm. We used water and "Sweet'n'Low" in dixie cups.....it tasted terrible, I'm not sure why we did that.
132.Hauling hay in the summer at Granddad's farm was one of my favorite things growing up.It was not my mom's favorite thing.
133.The first time I got to drive was when I was 10. I drove my Granddad's truck and also the tractor in the field where we were hauling hay......I loved that.
134.I love to eat cookie dough. I suspect I will one day get Samonella ....but, so far, so good.
135.My sister and I used to set my little brother on the counter in the bathroom and shut the door, and turn out the lights and growl at him, and scare him. Then we'd pretend to come in and "save" him so that he would give us hugs....we were sick....
136.I think my little brother is still afraid of the dark to this day.......baby.
137.I used to tease my little brothers about watching He-Man and Thundercats....but I really liked them too.
138.I hate it when my kids leave their socks abandoned all over the house......sometimes they try to hide them under pillows on the couch so they don't have to put them away...like I won't find them, and make them put them away anyway....whatever.
139.This is kinda like an autobiography don't 'cha think?......or maybe more like a confession.....
140.I should probably write some more positive things about myself...hmmmm...nope. I got nothin'
There! That ought to cover any, and every "tag", I've ever had! Sorry to bore you to death...if you fell asleep a little, wake up and go do something more exciting! :)
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Tagged! 101 ...or more...things about me
Posted by
Hacking it up
at
12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I LOVED your list. And I love you, Steph! You're awesome and I'm so glad I get to be even a little part of your life.
I LOVED your list. I read every last one. Didn't bore me at all and I have ADD(Joey says) so that means your list was very entertaining:) We actually have quite a bit in common Steph. I love using an English accent(and Spanish and Scottish, ok, any accent). I hate all the things you hate. I wish I could be an ice skater but sadly have no coordination-which leads me to also say how clumsy I am also. I always have bruised knees and elbows. Oh, and I laughed out loud at the one you wrote about sticking your brother in the bathroom and growling at him while he was in the dark. My sister and I did something similar to one of our little brothers-we would pretend to be dead until he cried because he thought we were really dead and then we'd open our eyes and laugh at him. He was about 3 or 4. We did it over and over and he fell for it every time. So cruel...but so funny..I'm weird like that. Anyhoodle-it was fun to learn more about you!
crap that was a long comment-sorry about that! i'm not a psycho really! :)
Make it stop! Just kidding. You make me laugh so hard. Funny story - yesterday I was telling Dave that story about you and the poppy seed muffin. Before I even came across this blog entry! What are the odds?? I can't even remember why!! You're great!
I love your List, Stephanie! And learning all this funny stuff about you. I feel you on the playdough and watercolor issues... :) You're adorable.
Post a Comment