Right after Lance finished up Cub Scout Day Camp with the boys, it was my turn to take off for Gilrs camp, with the girls...obviously...We went to the usual spot "Camp Bovay" which is a BSA camp actually, but we get to go there every year.
It's a beautiful place near Houston...but it's very hot and humid....thankfully, there is a pool there and an air conditioned Mess Hall for meals and crafts!
The Nature Center at Camp Bovay
Me "princess" ...enough said,, and "Big Whit" --Sis. Whitney, our YW Pres...she's 6'2"...thus the nick name...
Here's what Lauren thought of the cafeteria food...
Madi shares her sister's enthusiasm...
However, much enthusiasm when it comes to camp songs!!
I'll poke out my ear drums with a ball point pen if I hear another one of those songs again...
Seriously.
Hanging out at the camp...
The girls got to tie-dye their camp shirts colors accoring to their year...these gals are modeling their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year shirts
Girls just wanna have fun!
Bright-eyed and bushy tailed!...That's how Lauren wakes up everyday!...NOT!!!
I seriously don't know HOW her campsite leader got her out of bed in the morning...I've got to find out her secret!!!
At night by the pond
Sis. Leese kickin' back...watching the rest of us work!!
Just kidding, she was still recovering from having surgery for an Ectopic Pregnancy 5 days prior...NOTHING could keep her away!! What a trooper!!
...and nothing says camping like singing camp songs with the guitar!
Hooray for "Big Whit" and her awesome guitar skills!!
Here's Lauren in front of the YW Values garden our stake put in as a service project for Camp Bovay. There are 7 round containers that each represent a value, and have flowers of that value color planted in them. This year we added the arbor, some more planting barrels and the concrete edging with tiles that the girls designed.
Here's mine...the crown gave it away, I know...
Lauren's --Their camp group was called Camp Mohonri-Moriancumur..."Mo-HO" for short...of course...
..and here's Madi's...she didn't get to finish painting the "Walk in His Path" theme on there before they had to get them set in the concrete...maybe next year...
Dressing up for the dance challenge!...Madi was a "nerd"...must get it from her Dad..
.
Lauren, trying out her STRETCHY-pants...
Madi striking a "Charlies's Angels" pose at the Camp Carnival
What a shot!!
As usual, camp was fun and spiritual.
It was Madi's first year, and she had a blast! and Lauren enjoyed her second year!
Great way to start our summer!!
The Nature Center at Camp Bovay
Me "princess" ...enough said,, and "Big Whit" --Sis. Whitney, our YW Pres...she's 6'2"...thus the nick name...
Here's what Lauren thought of the cafeteria food...
Madi shares her sister's enthusiasm...
However, much enthusiasm when it comes to camp songs!!I'll poke out my ear drums with a ball point pen if I hear another one of those songs again...
Seriously.
Hanging out at the camp...
The girls got to tie-dye their camp shirts colors accoring to their year...these gals are modeling their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year shirts
Girls just wanna have fun!
Bright-eyed and bushy tailed!...That's how Lauren wakes up everyday!...NOT!!!I seriously don't know HOW her campsite leader got her out of bed in the morning...I've got to find out her secret!!!
At night by the pond
Sis. Leese kickin' back...watching the rest of us work!!Just kidding, she was still recovering from having surgery for an Ectopic Pregnancy 5 days prior...NOTHING could keep her away!! What a trooper!!
...and nothing says camping like singing camp songs with the guitar!Hooray for "Big Whit" and her awesome guitar skills!!
Here's Lauren in front of the YW Values garden our stake put in as a service project for Camp Bovay. There are 7 round containers that each represent a value, and have flowers of that value color planted in them. This year we added the arbor, some more planting barrels and the concrete edging with tiles that the girls designed.
Here's mine...the crown gave it away, I know...
Lauren's --Their camp group was called Camp Mohonri-Moriancumur..."Mo-HO" for short...of course...
..and here's Madi's...she didn't get to finish painting the "Walk in His Path" theme on there before they had to get them set in the concrete...maybe next year...
Dressing up for the dance challenge!...Madi was a "nerd"...must get it from her Dad...
Lauren, trying out her STRETCHY-pants...
Madi striking a "Charlies's Angels" pose at the Camp Carnival
What a shot!!As usual, camp was fun and spiritual.
It was Madi's first year, and she had a blast! and Lauren enjoyed her second year!
Great way to start our summer!!


5 comments:
That looks so fun. I have never been to Girls Camp before (I joined the church when I was 21)
So fun!!
That's not camp...a pool, AND A/C?!?! Sounds more like a spa to me. ;)
Those girls need some rasty cabins and a pond.....with no water fights allowed. And don't forget the cold showers. And ya'll wonder why I only went once and didn't return?! :)
Funny thing....Mia Shalom is still under snow this year....so all the stakes scheduled there have had to find someplace else at the last minute....I'm glad our stake just goes up AF canyon to Mutual Dell.
Looks like and sounds like a blast -- what a great week!
How much fun is that! I miss girls camp, it is such a fun week to spend with the girls! I'm glad everyone had fun especially being Madi's first year! You girls are awesome and beautiful!
That sounds more like a spa than girls camp :) I'd kill for a cafeteria instead of having to haul 15 coolers of food up to camp. Looks like you guys had a great time!!
Post a Comment