Monday, June 23, 2008

Breakfast of champions

As I've mentioned...My brain is stretched way to far these days....
Between, trying to pack up and sell this house, build a new one, 5 kids home from school, Conor's surgery and problems following (Yes, he's STILL having a HORRIBLE time!!) and no sleep, I've now missed 2 of my own Dr. appointments, and this morning, I did this,,,,,



My 12 year old, Madi has always been a morning person...I have NEVER been....Anywhoo this morning, she was up bright and early...me, not-so-much....(rough night with Conor...again, ...)she got out a recipe from a magazine for a Broccoli, ham and cheese omlette and whipped up this beauty.I come stumbling out and Wyatt says, "Mom! I want some cereal!!"
So, I get out his bowl and fill it with cereal, get the milk, pour it on...then he says, "MOM!!! I want chocolate milk!!" So, again to the cupboard, get a glass, set it next to his bowl, get the Nesquick chocolate powder, scoop up a big honkin' spoonful
and dump it right on top of his cereal...


Being 4 years old, he of course flips out, crying, "I DIDN'T WANT CHOCOLATE ON MY CEREAL!!! I WANTED CHOCOLATE MILK!!!"

I tried to stir it in real quick...tried to show him, look, it's gone!!...but he doesn't fall for my bluffing anymore.


Madi tried to console him by saying, "Don't worry Wyatt, Mom won't make you breakfast again...I'll do it!!"

I suck.
Best of all, do you like how I didn't waste a second grabbing the camera off the counter to record my stupidity?
Clearly I'm in no condition to even be blogging...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome. I probably would have said something like, "Get your own chocolate milk," or, "ask one of your sisters," or, "NO!!!" At least you made some effort.

Chelsey said...

You do not suck! You are the greatest mom! I would not even be functioning as much as you are if I had all of that to deal with.

That reminds me of when Anna and Jake were both whining at the same time around dinner time, Cody had just gotten home, the usual crazy time of day and I get Jake's binky to get him quiet and I stick in Anna's mouth, not even realizing what I just did! Cody Anna and Jake just stared at me, but hey it got them quiet!!!

Love the background!!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

that is heeeelarious!!! i love it. i think chocolate milk cereal sounds pretty good. although if i had to choose, i'd pick that delicious omlet, mercy me! send madi over here, won't you?!

jenjamin said...

A+ for tring! That is funny. Kids are so smart.

Jan said...

Madi is a gift, isn't she? I'm so sorry all is so complicated right now - poor little Conor, I really feel for him. Wish I could just fix him up for you! But we have had him in our prayers and will continue to do so.

andrea said...

I'm still laughing! I'm SO GLAD I'm not alone! All the time I'm handing Jared Ellie's tippy cup, or trying to jam a bib over Nicole's head, wondering why it's so big and won't fit anymore.....I'm sure I have early Alzheimers! :) Four year olds should be able to get their own cereal, shouldn't they?!

I'm worried about Madi....broccoli? FOR BREAKFAST?!

Mindi said...

hey--let's just be epic failures as mothers together. we could form a club.

Anonymous said...

I love you! You're so Normal and so HUMAN! - You ROCK! (yes, I realize I'm too old to use that term - Ryan keeps reminding me...haha)- oh well!

Natalie Scott said...

Yay for REAL moms! And sweet big sisters willing to help out (broccoli and ham omelet? HELLO! Where does that girl come from? Where can I get me one?).

You are a great mom, Steph. Just a normal one, who happens to be raising 5 freakin kids!! A few of which are obviously just a leetle demanding :)

You and conor are in our daily prayers. See you soon.

hoLLy said...

thanks for the chocolate milk cereal idea! :) i think its a fo shizzle idea, i don't know why wyatt didn't go for it! extra sugar! isn't that what all kids want? :)