Yesterday, I took Chase and his friend Harison for some Blazer Tag Action. Even though we didn't get to shoot each other with real guns (soooo un-Texan) we had a blast. The second game was a free-for-all and Chase jumped from a rank of 12 to a rank of 4 (beating me) on the second round! It was later that he revealed that even though he as "with" Harison, he was constantly shooting him in the back and blambing others. :)
Anyway, between games, the boys hit the arcade. It took them about 4.5 minutes to blow through ten dollars, and run for the showcases to pick out some crap toys which were all broken by the time we got home. It was then I realized the huge ineffeciency in this process:
1) Drive to Arcade: 
2) Put money in a machine that spits out tokens:
===> 
3) Put tokens in a game that spits out tickets:
=====> 
4) Put tickets in a machine that spits our a receipt:
====> 
5) Convert receipt into crap toys (after 22 minutes at the counter)
====> 
6) Give crap toys to boys that spit out broken crap toys:
=====>
7) Drive Home: 
Other parents must be going through the tedious process as well. So, as a FREE public service, I'm here to help you skip all these time consuming task. Just send your money directly to me, and I'll in turn ship a box of broken crap toys directly back to you.
This service is 100% FREE. I'm here to help.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Free Public Service - $$ -> Broken Toys
Posted by
Lance
at
10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thanks for taking them to play blazer tag...I'm sure Chase is fine with the fact that we now have to cut his room from the new house because of the cost of crap toys....but he had fun shooting his friend in the back!!! :)
I hate crap toys.
this is the reason i refuse to go to "fiesta fun" (our local crap toys/ticket/token/receipt nightmare). my husband, on the other hand, is a total sucka for this kind of stuff and my girls know that if they lean on him long enough, he will cave.
who should i make the check out to?
Man, you hit it right on the nose -- that's exactly how it is. I like the way you've broken it down -- makes it easy to understand how we are suckered in. Sigh.
One of the reasons we hate taking the kids to Gattitown! Still do it, though, because it makes their day!
Such the generous person you are...willing to help the rest of us bypass all that middle-man work. What a friend!
Oh but the memories they'll remember of those times! Just kidding, hopefully those are not the things they remember out of all the family events. We can't wait to see you guys!
see and I just take my money and flush it down the toilet. saves me the gas money at least.
too bad kids love this crap. too bad for us parents. i hate those crap toys and throw them away a few days later. and my kids don't even notice it. i'm evil i guess. but not as evil as i would be if i threw it away the same day. now that would be evil.
Post a Comment