Thursday, June 26, 2008

Evaporation

OK. For some reason, I feel it's important that all my friends understand the concept of evaporation.

"The process by which a liquid changes to a gas or vapor."

My version of this is:
Texas = HOT = Stuff Evaporates (goes away).

Case in point. Steph's wonderful visiting teacher Natalie is an awesome cook. A few weeks ago she brought a key lime cheesecake. This week she brought Steph a key lime pie. With everything going on with Conor and Steph staying at the hospital, Steph hasn't actually seen the pie yet (She'll likely see this post first).
I however am very familiar with it. I've expanded the scope of words like "breakfast bar" and "salad" to include key lime pie and preceed to sneak small slivers of pie a bit at a time.

This morning I started to pull it out to show Steph. I was shocked to realize exactly how little is left. And on her birthday! Dang I'd better buy her something sparkly.



I'm planning on blaming it on the texas heat and evaporation. If that doesn't work, and this is the last you hear from me, you'll realize she didn't buy it.

Stay tuned,
Breakfast Bar and Salad Expert

7 comments:

Hacking it up said...

What pie?

Lance...you are a pig....oink.

Lee said...

Lance don't worry, even in Utah this happens. It's hotter in Texas so it is more rapid but I have the seen first hand this same phenonmenon.
Lee

Pedaling said...

the evaporation theory?
makes sense to me.

have a very happy birthday, today.
go see a movie (get smart is a funny one) & buy something fun! (make sure you eat something really fattening too)

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Steph!!! I hope you have a fabulous birthday today--you deserve it...and only 29! You look wonderful!!! What a great day to be born ;)

PS--I hope that sweet Conor is doing well. He is such a trooper.

Natalie Scott said...

Lance! You stinker...now I will need to bring something specifically for Steph with no evaporation possibilities. Or perhaps I should have brought 2 pies over (I kept one for myself...we have the same "evaporation" problems over here).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Steph! You are fantastical and amazing and I wish I were you! Hope you're having a wonderful day...Jan, Candice and I want to bring something over to Conor tomorrow so I'll be calling!

Jan said...

I'm laughing at the hope that Lance has that any of us will believe in evaporation -- love you guys!

Kellie said...

Steph - I'd love to see you when you're in Utah! We will be gone July 7 & 8 dropping Maddie off at EFY but we're home the rest of the month! Let me know if it works out!