In honor of the last day of school; a poem:
A-hem...
School's out!
Ring the bell!
Drop your books,
and run like
something really fast....a cheetah perhaps...
Hooray!! School is finally out!
The last few weeks of school are always chuck-full of programs, field trips, parties, award ceremonies, etc...and I've got pictures of them all...but for your sake, I will only post a few...
We got to enjoy Madi's final Clarinet performance
She is giving it up this year...turns out she's actually allergic to the mouthpiece! It's been wreaking havoc on her poor lips! Back to piano! But she enjoyed learning to play a new instrument!
Dancing Queen!
Madi's favorite class this year was dance!
She's got such natural rhythm, and is always dancing around the house!
It's something she's definitely decided to pursue, and so will continue to take classes through the summer!
Here she is in action!
I used to be able to do the splits...I think I'd rip right in half if I tried it now....
Here's some shots of Conor and Chase's Track and Field day
A-hem...
School's out!
Ring the bell!
Drop your books,
and run like
something really fast....a cheetah perhaps...
Hooray!! School is finally out!
The last few weeks of school are always chuck-full of programs, field trips, parties, award ceremonies, etc...and I've got pictures of them all...but for your sake, I will only post a few...
She is giving it up this year...turns out she's actually allergic to the mouthpiece! It's been wreaking havoc on her poor lips! Back to piano! But she enjoyed learning to play a new instrument!
Dancing Queen!
Madi's favorite class this year was dance!She's got such natural rhythm, and is always dancing around the house!
It's something she's definitely decided to pursue, and so will continue to take classes through the summer!
Here she is in action!I used to be able to do the splits...I think I'd rip right in half if I tried it now....
Here's some shots of Conor and Chase's Track and Field day
Cute little man
Ba-
-oing!!!This was Chase's first year to take the State TAKS test which he not only passed with flying colors, but received a commended performance!
Way to go buddy!!
We also got to enjoy Lauren's Orchestra concert.She has defended her 1st chair position all year!
Lauren also came home with a plethera (yes, that is my favorite word) of awards:
*Certificate of Merit for outstanding achievement on the National Latin Exam
*Latin Mnemosyne Award -for having the best memory
*Certificate of Excellence for outstanding performance in 7th grade leadership
*Outstanding Math student
*Excellence in Social Studies
*Excellence in Language Arts
*Super Scientist Award
She was also on 1st honor roll the whole year , remained a member of National Junior Honor Society, and was inducted into the National Junior Classical League Latin Honor Society
Whew!
Madi was also on 1st Honor roll all year, and inducted to the National Junior Honor Society this year and was chosen to be on the leadership team for the school next year...which is what Lauren did this year.
Great job girls!!
I hope all of this bragging doesn't put you to puke-ing but,
What can I say? I am a mother who suffers greatly from
P.M.S.-Proud Mama Syndrome :)
(plus this is my journal)
Now, on to the lazy days of summer!...sort-of...


11 comments:
man, how 'bout those hacking kids! i'm so happy it's summer, too. now i can get your girls to do some daytime babysitting for me! :)
Your girls are awesome! Really, that is amazing. Also, we will for sure see you this summer, if nothing else, at least at Ireland's baptism! We should all go to dinner or something too. That would be fun!
Your family is beautiful. Love hearing about their achievements, their dad who can so easily embarrass them (I love it that he was there with Chase!), and all the upcoming summer fun. Love you guys.
You have every right to be a proud mom. Lauren and Madi you are amazing.I to am a proud grandma. Keep up the good work and being an example to your brothers.
Love you!!
Your kids are amazing and you should brag about them! They have so much talents and abilities! Great job guys!
It's your blog...brag away! And who wouldn't with such amazing kids!!
Way to go Hacking fam!
You have some talented kids there. I think it is tender when a mom and dad are so proud of their kids. Lucky kids are they! I love the boys on the bouncy things! Your kids could be in magazines for the all american kid looks. So darling.
Yuck about the mouthpiece thing. However, if she's got skills in piano who cares. Awesome kiddos!
loved the pictures, loved the kids, the activities and especially loved your poem!!!
Your kids are great and so talented. Go ahead brag about them
you guys have such beautiful and talented kids!
and i agree with you about the splits. i'd rip right in half too. i've actually never been able to do the splits in my whole life! sad is me.
Way to go Lauren and Madi...and Chase and Conor too! I'm a big fan of summer I only wish that "work" got out for the summer too like school does...NO FAIR!!!
Love you guys!rl
Post a Comment