Saturday, February 2, 2008

Groundbreaking News


This picture was taken in 1972 at a groundbreaking ceremony for a chapel to be built in Sandy, Ut. on 13th East. This is the building I went to growing up. We lived just 1 block from it. I never knew that Pres. Hinckley was the one to dedicate the spot until now . Pres. Hinckley has literally served the church his whole life! (at least MY whole life--I was one year old when this groundbreaking took place...) What an amazing man...I only hope I can serve half as much as he has.I have a perfect example to follow!

4 comments:

Hacking Highlights said...

I think that is the building where our parents met right? I know you guys were in our stake at one point. We lived up in the Buttercup area right up the hill from there. I know we had meetings in that church (maybe stake conference!). Small world! Nice cars in the background!

Bethany said...

I just read all your blogs and caught up on them all. I laughed and cried and was just so happy that your my cousin. Now, how much do I have to pay you to make my blog look cute???

hoLLy said...

wow, that is so cool! man, he was such a hardworker his whole life! he is my hero. i'm such a lazy bum.

Kristi said...

Wow!! He truly has lead such a selfless life. he really is a wonderful example for us to follow. I will miss him.