Today the kids had the day off school...again....
Why? Because it's Parent Teacher Conference!
I used to HATE parent-teacher conference because I knew I was going to be in trouble when my parents got home....talking too much to friends, missing assignments, etc...it wasn't always like that, just in middle school mainly...mostly...anyway, this isn't about me.
At this time of year we do a student-led conference, where we go with our kids and they take us from station to station in their classroom showing us what they're working on in each area such as, science, math, writing, reading, etc...
Conor showed us what he's been writing in his writing journal . Each day they are given a topic on which to write, and they respond in their journals. These kids are so dang funny at this age! I just had to share a few of Conor's entries:
"My mom came back from Japan. I love my mom"
This cracked me up because..I've never been to Japan...but I'm happy he's glad that I'm back...

"Where is my book order?!? I lost it in somebody's Tuba."
What the?...maybe the dog we don't have ate it...

"This is non-fiction. My sister does not like us being mean. It is not polite.My mom does not like it."
That is DEFINITELY non-fiction...
"Everyday when we get weeds my mom loves weeding. Sometimes she makes us pull out weeds. I don't like weeding."
That is also non-fiction...
This one is by far, my favorite....it was written after the class read "the Little Red Hen".
"If I was the Little Red Hen, I would slap the pig and dog until they cry."
"I would not share my bread."
"Go Home."
"I don't want to play anymore."
I totally laughed out loud when I read that one...then I said to Conor, "So, when you don't help me when I ask you to , can I slap you until you cry?"
He said NO.
"I know that I like to play with my Nintendo DS. I also like to snuggle with my mom and dad"
Wow! This one meant a lot, because he put me and his DS in the same sentence!!! And I know how he feels about his DS, so to be put on the same level of importance is big!..Truly!!

"On my holiday I went to Dallas with my cousins. It was fun like going on vacation."
"I like my life."
I think this was my most favorite of all.
These little kids are so darn cute! They make us so happy, and are such blessings in our lives.
As my granddad would have said,
"Funny little man."
I used to HATE parent-teacher conference because I knew I was going to be in trouble when my parents got home....talking too much to friends, missing assignments, etc...it wasn't always like that, just in middle school mainly...mostly...anyway, this isn't about me.
At this time of year we do a student-led conference, where we go with our kids and they take us from station to station in their classroom showing us what they're working on in each area such as, science, math, writing, reading, etc...
Conor showed us what he's been writing in his writing journal . Each day they are given a topic on which to write, and they respond in their journals. These kids are so dang funny at this age! I just had to share a few of Conor's entries:
"My mom came back from Japan. I love my mom"This cracked me up because..I've never been to Japan...but I'm happy he's glad that I'm back...

"Where is my book order?!? I lost it in somebody's Tuba."
What the?...maybe the dog we don't have ate it...

"This is non-fiction. My sister does not like us being mean. It is not polite.My mom does not like it."
That is DEFINITELY non-fiction...
"Everyday when we get weeds my mom loves weeding. Sometimes she makes us pull out weeds. I don't like weeding."That is also non-fiction...
This one is by far, my favorite....it was written after the class read "the Little Red Hen".
"If I was the Little Red Hen, I would slap the pig and dog until they cry.""I would not share my bread."
"Go Home."
"I don't want to play anymore."
I totally laughed out loud when I read that one...then I said to Conor, "So, when you don't help me when I ask you to , can I slap you until you cry?"
He said NO.
"I know that I like to play with my Nintendo DS. I also like to snuggle with my mom and dad"Wow! This one meant a lot, because he put me and his DS in the same sentence!!! And I know how he feels about his DS, so to be put on the same level of importance is big!..Truly!!

"On my holiday I went to Dallas with my cousins. It was fun like going on vacation."
"I like my life."
I think this was my most favorite of all.
These little kids are so darn cute! They make us so happy, and are such blessings in our lives.
As my granddad would have said,
"Funny little man."

5 comments:
What a cute smart boy! He cracks me up; I love to hear what kind of things they come up with. I love his "i don't care, i'll say what i want" attitude. Cute boy.
I love Conor, it is so nice to know that I am not alone in wanting to slap the pig and dog until they cry. I always thought it was just me....what a relief! How funny, he's so cute!
"i would slap the pig and dog until they cried" was the best. that gave me a good laugh-he is one smart boy. also very creative. i love that he thinks you "love weeding" ha!
Ha! He is so cute. Love the slapping he dog and pig part. Funny about the going to Japan.
what a sweetie and he has his moms funny sense of humor.
great post!
Post a Comment