Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Don't tell me Don't

When I was looking for a picture of a "Thank You" sign for the last post, I came across this one...

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/26/stones2.jpg
I had to laugh a little because, well....it's funny! Then I started thinking of all of the pictures I have of my family members showing blatant disregard for such warning signs....It's a little disturbing how many I have, but I will share a few with you...

First, many of you have seen this before, but for those that haven't...this was posted and who was the first one to try it?...
Lance...of course..My brother Cody was right behind him...


Next, we have my sister on our last trip to Hawaii...


and another from Hawaii....

Wyatt and Abby tried to warn us, ...but we just HAD to check it out for ourselves....look what the noxious fumes did to my face....
Here's a nice happy sunshine warning sign...on Disney's own Island Castaway Cay...
...and here we are..."Hey kids!!! why don't you go over there on the rocks unsupervised and see what poisonous and dangerous ocean life you can find there..."


Please don't touch the Sea Turtles....

Ya mean this one?...

...I'm sure when they say "SEA" turtles, they don't mean these because these are clearly "OCEAN" turtles...
Here's where we parked our car...good thing it was a rental....
...and even though the sign says "diving may be unsafe due to shallow water"....Lauren's got to see for herself....even though, not only is the water "shallow"...it doesn't exist...that girl always insists on learning things the hard way...


That's my boys!


There are actually some very humorous warning signs out there. For Example:

I'm posting this one in my boys' bathroom...



Ahh! Brilliant!...notice the people in the background...yes, the ones at the cliff's edge...they must be related to us....


If I had a help desk...I'd put this on it for sure!


Now, THIS is very practical...they should put more of these around town...then Lance wouldn't have to go to driving school every year...

This one cracked me up...make sure you read the fine print as you go flying by at 75 MPH... (it says,"Also, the bridge is out ahead..." )

Really?...Duh....that one's a life saver right there...


...I don't get it....are you just supposed to stand there?....or should you try the EXIT?...

..and for all you do-it-yourself-ers...you can make your own . Here's mine I made at warningsigngenerator.com






11 comments:

layna said...

You come up with some pretty funny things on your blog. I enjoy reading it. It's a lot more fun for me to read everybodies, cause I'm not to good at posting things. Maybe if I would do it a little more often it would get a little easier. For now I'll enjoy yours.
A. Layna

Carey said...

Hilarious! What fun would life be without smart allecks? But seriously, I totally need the exploding mom head sign.

Kristi said...

Oh my word, you are always good for a laugh!! I love all of these Warning Signs--the one about the bridge gave me a good laugh! And I love that in every other picture you guys are ignoring the signs and doing it anyway--atta girl!! :) I rememebr seeing that sign at Castaway Cay and thinking "well, there's one way to welcome you to the island...and sea lice?" Gross!

I loved this!!

Nat said...

Those were all pretty funny! I love how many you have of you and your family disobeying the signs!

Anonymous said...

So funny! I am glad that with all your family's blatent disregard for warnings that you are all still in one piece. You are a crack up!

Jan said...

Still laughing. You make my day!

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh mercy, those are hilarious!!!

Chelsey said...

Thanks for that! It always so nice to laugh at stuff like that because we all know that our family is like that!

Unknown said...

Great signs! Although you forgot the one I posted on my blog a while back to keep the kids out of the yard...:)

Bethany said...

I think this runs in the family. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does!!

Unknown said...

Well ya know you can have father son and mother daughter dates at cookie cutters, its really cute!! I just dont understand where the moms sit because I KNOW nmy butt wounld fit in those tiny seats!!