In response to Angie's "collection" tag, I am sharing one of ours with you! :)
Many of you know we love to travel! When I was growing up, I collected spoons from everywhere we went...those are now in my closet..somewhere... My sister collected bells and thimbles. It was something we always looked forward to---getting our souvenirs then adding them to our collection when we returned home.
Now that we have our own families, we have started a new tradition of collecting magnets from everywhere we go. My parents and sister do this as well.
Our kids love to pick them out, and the first thing we do when we return home is put them on the side of the fridge to add to our collection! We have over one hundred magnets on the fridge, and several more in our RV. It'll be exciting to add to it this year!


8 comments:
Seeing those brings up so many fun memories. We love to travel with our family. We are excited to add a Dallas magnet to our collection (and a new temple picture to our collection as well). I also will probably be visiting the south pole pretty soon!
I am a former magnet collector (still do a little, I guess) -- but since arriving in this house with the stainless steel fridge, there's nowhere to put them! I need another collectible.
It is so much fun to collect things like that! Cody and I look forward to collecting our patches everywhere we go. We got about 9 patches down with you guys!
Cool collection. I have collected a few magnets but none from places I visit. Well..... unless you count pizza palces, chinese places... so I guess they are from all over LOL
that's a great collection Steph! I think Clayton did that for a while and then gave up when he came to the sad realization that we NEVER go anywhere. no time and no money...apparently those are 2 things that are essential to travel!
what a cool idea-i wish we started something like that when we first were married. we wouldn't have as many as you, but we'd have a few to be proud of. i LOVE to travel too! every time i go somewhere i have never been before, i feel like a different person.
i love your magnet collection! it's so much fun.
I think that's so cool!! It's a great way to remember and talk about all of the places you've visited.
Post a Comment