As promised...and I aim to please...more pictures of our trip , including the highly anticipated photos of "What happens when you leave your camera un-attended"....

So, at night after the kids were all in bed, we would go down and meet Carey and Doug for Ice cream at the ice cream shop...hee, hee! Aren't we sneaky? :)
One night, Carey handed me our camera because I' d left it in their room by mistake...and what a mistake that was...I thought nothing of it until the next day when Carey asked me to show her some pictures on my camera...that's when I discovered these....
First, we have jumping on the bed...I'm not sure hotel management would approve...seriously, the liability alone...
wow.I'm pretty sure they thought they were using their own camera for those....
Next, they head on down to the arcade...
Now, this I can understand...After all of the kids are in bed, it's the only time you even get a turn on these things...kids seriously don't understand what it means to TAKE TURNS!!!What I DON'T understand is how the heck Doug got his 6'4" body crammed into that little hot dog truck....he should join the circus...
They also found lots of magical treasures....and a slidey stair rail...
They also found lots of magical treasures....and a slidey stair rail...Anywhoooo, on to other activities... As you can see, we had a very intense game of bingo...
Emotions were high as each number and letter were called....you could cut the tension in the air with something really sharp!
The guys were frantically texting family, friends, and the media...giving moment -by-moment updates of the progress of the game
Finally, Wyatt and Lauren, Simultaneously got bingo!!! They each won a whole piece of candy!
Then we all left.
Later. although it does not appear so,...the boys all played together...by "connecting" on their Nintendo DS games
Male bonding...such a personal experience...
And here was the all time favorite..."Deal or No Deal" This was a very intense, and stressful game ( ALMOST as much as bingo...) They charge you eight freakin' tokens to play....you COULD win up to 400 tickets....but you don't. However, here we were back at the same dang thing every time. Carey was the big winner on this one! She actually won 200 tickets! I came in 2nd with 47 tickets And Doug got 4. What a rip-off... But in the end, the tickets were consolidated to upwards of a thousand tickets where all 9 kids got to split them equally, then go to the "prize" counter to pick out a bunch of piece of crap plastic toys for them to break, smash, then leave strewn all over the car... ...But that is fun for kids ...especially on vacation! :)Another thing we did was go to the "6th floor Museum"...We figured since we took the kids out of school for a couple of days, they might as well get a history lesson.
They all wore their cute little headphone sets while listening to their "tour guide".I don't think Wyatt even knew (or cared) what it was saying...he just thought it was cool to push all the buttons.
I took a picture of the cute little guy, and in doing so, about got tackled and arrested for taking photographs! These "Security" guards really need to lighten up a bit, ...actually a lot....some get a little to big for their britches.
I can hear it now....
"We have a Breach in security!, repeat, a Breach in security! Civilian spotted with a CAMERA in tow!!...Now in pursuit!!! ...Call for back up!...
I seriously thought he was going to take my camera away....
Sorry.
I didn't know it wasn't allowed.
Geez, I didn't shoot the guy...Crimony...I wasn't even born yet.
Here we have a photo--taken OUTSIDE of the museum--of the 6th floor window where Lee Harvey Oswald was with his sniper rifle...allegedly



And here is the famous "Grassy Knoll" Where another shooter was believed to have been...allegedly....

And here's the street where the shooting occurred.
Out of all seriousness, what a horrible thing to have happen. I just kept thinking of Jackie, and how awful that all was for her. All of the events took place so quickly, I doubt she even had time to take it all in until much later.
It was really worth going to see. So if you're ever in the Dallas area, I highly recommend you stopping in.
OK, so, on a lighter note, we also got to go see the Dallas temple, and Carey got to add another picture to her collection! :)

As usual, we had a great time with the Olsen family, and can't wait until our next adventure together!!! Love you guys!!! Thanks for coming!!!




11 comments:
I have also learned the hard way not to leave your camera unattented. You can't trust Doug an Carey but the boys are the worst!!!Dad also took pictures there but he wasn't caught. Wish we could have come.
Ahhhh....thanks for finally blogging again. I needed the update and laugh! Can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!!
Great pictures! Tell Carey I also have collections of temple pics. I want to scrapbook them and see how many temples I can hit in my life time.
What a fun trip I wish we could have come too! It looks like I'll be keeping tabs on my camera during family trips from here on out :)
It's great to see how close all the cousins are and how much they love being together!
Sounds like a blast! Loved the pics and the commentary -- you're awesome.
You guys sure know how to have a good time. If we ever go anywhere--besides Utah--I'll have to get some tips. Maybe you should do a blog about your top 10 vacations. How about that? You are so funny and I always look forward to reading about you and your family. It makes me think about all our good times and how much I miss you!
Holy crap, we crack ourselves up! As always we had a ton of fun with you guys, and can't wait until our next fun trip together. Tell the kids hi and that we love and miss them. Tell Lance his new grey shirt is in the mail and it was worth every penny it cost to buy a new one just to see the look of shock on his face when I ruined the old one!
That sounded like it was so much fun. We were just talking how there is so much to see down there. I wish we could have spent more time with you guys down here, but that is why we'll just have to come next year again. Fun pictures, hopefully we'll get to do that soon.
Pretty impressive that Lance is that flexible to get in that car! Looks like they had a little too much fun with your camera. And whats the deal with the uptight security guards, I mean I know how dangerous those cameras can be but come on! :)
the olsens look like my kind of people! love the pics on the bed:) grrrr.
looks like so much fun. i especially like the one of the boys and their ds's. funny stuff. you sister looks like quite the prankster.
Post a Comment