Sorry for the lack of posts...we've been playing with family (more on this later).
So...after returning from our trip, I find myself at H.E.B., our supermarket, for some re-stocking. I'm passing the fish isle, and I find the cutest little creatures! I'm not sure what they're called, but since they are red, and it's just past Valentine's Day, it dawns on me these are intended to be given away as gifts - like bunnies at Easter!
Since Steph didn't like the pot-holders I got her this year, I figure this is my chance to redeem myself. I decide to buy two - that's the kind of great guy I am!
I want to take good care of them, so when I get home, I put them in the kitchen sink and set-up a video surveillance system to ensure their safety. Here's some pictures of them in their new home:

See, they are cute aren't they! They look a bit cold so I cover them with a few papers of trash. Boy, Steph is going to love these guys! While I'm gone getting wrapping paper and writing a thoughtful card, I hear the strangest scream from the kitchen. The video footage shows all:
Well! APPARENTLY, Crawfish aren't the most sought after Valentine's pet.
My camera privileges have been revoked. And, since I'm sleeping in the garage...again...apparently other privileges as well.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Steph's Valentine Pets
Posted by
Lance
at
10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

22 comments:
O.K.
Lance. You are a dork.
The funny thing is that I had JUST finished cleaning the sink, and when I came over to it, I saw that Lance had left smashed waffle boxes in there...I thought, you lazy bum...is it really that hard to walk three steps to put these in the garbage? But I thought, Oh well, I won't nag him...this time,...and I will just throw them away myself...next time I'll just yell at him...I was relieved to see that it was just craw-dads...I used to catch those as a kid in moab all of the time, what freaked me out is, I thought they were huge cockroaches....not OK...
Watch your back sweetie...even in the garage!!!
Anyone else think Steph sounded like a Monkey!
Bring it on cutie!
Yep...sounds like a monkey...looks like a cow....moo.
You guys are so funny! Lance, that's just not nice at all!:) Steph I'll be waiting to see the payback. And yeah, I'd have to say it did sound like a cute little money scream. I'd hate to see what I would have done.
That's great! That made my morning!!
That was very funny but I can't believe you did that. You know Steph always get the better of you.I would be very afraid,very afraid.
good one Lance! That's almost as funny as the face Steph pulled when she drank the ketchup filled Pepsi that was intended for you (sorry Steph!) Still, kudos to you.
I think that was funny, but I would be really scared for the pay back. Wish I had been there to see it all...
Look out, Lance. Steph is smart and stealthy -- careful!
Ohh Lancy pants...you are SOOO dead...Steph is going to get you back ten fold!
On the other hand...good job Lance I was LOL!
You two are hilarious....the comments are as funny as the post.
Lance, I think you are in trouble. Garage for a week....grounded....privileges revoked....cleaning duty....a dozen roses....ten more lbs. of chocolate covered cinnamon bears...
Steph, make sure you let us know the payback!
Did the crawfish scream when you cooked them?
Good job Lance. I would watch your back! But sorry Steph, that was really funny! Do I dare ask what you did with those after that crime was committed?
Funny video. Something tells me though that these were never inteneded to be a new pet! Me thinks it was a set up to try and scare Steph! It gave me a good laugh though
What does no one care what happened to the crawfish? Did you get to eat them or what?
I care I was just too afraid to ask
That is hilarious. But please don't forget to fill us in on the retaliation. I can never think up anything cool for revenge. So I'm looking for ideas, here. And Steph, don't worry about sounding like a monkey when you scream. When I get really scared I have this really atrocious man scream that I do. It's very embarassing. And everyone knows that is do it so they are forever trying to scare so that I will scream. Glad you are back and hope you had a fun time.
So you want to know what happened to the crawdads do you??? Well, I'LL tell you!!!Lance was so scared that they would be part of my retaliation, that he threw them in the garbage!!!! Just like that! No remorse, no second thoughts...just chucked them out in the outside garbage!!! I thought Lauren was going to have a heart attack...she's the animal lover...I am not, but seriously...what did they do to deserve such a thoughtless demise?
Lay low like a lion...strike when they least expect it!...stay tuned....
so funny-i love that sound steph made when she saw them. priceless. . .sounds like a battle is about to ensue. we have many of those over here too:) i have many ideas for retaliation if you need any. it just depends on how much physical pain you want your spouse in...j/k
You THREW THEM AWAY?! Good grief!
Now, not only is your wife after you, but you're going to be haunted by 2 dead crawfish ghosts....and everyone knows, two is much worse than one.
The least you could've done is made a small bowl of crawfish etouffee...however you spell it...a very small bowl...
Way to go Lance! It reminds me of something Duane would do and has done. If you make me laugh, I will follow you anywhere.
Duane was modeling for a hair cutting video. They needed an older man with lots of hair. He certainly fit both catagories well! Love you!
Way to go Lance. Crawdads are the new roses for Valentines Day. Nice work on the surveillance footage too! It made my day.
However, I agree with everyone else. Watch out for that Steph retalliation. If you need a place to stay that is better than the garage, just come on over.
Steve...if you harbor the guilty, then you too are guilty by association...retaliation for ALL!
Post a Comment