Thursday, February 21, 2008

My BIG behind

Wow. I am behind!!! Life had been crazy busy lately...I'm not doing a very good of a job keeping up! SOoooo, this will be one of the LOoongest posts you've ever had the disadvantage of beholding!...But I must document. Here we go...



We begin with Valentines...I know, it's long gone and everyone has put their decorations away, but I must share anyway...
Grandma and Grandpa sent us some Heart shaped popcorn to decorate!
Fun was had by all, and everyone made their own likeness...

Here's me...Aren't I adorable?

...And Lauren, although you can't see it on the picture, she has even included braces on hers...I'm thinkin the eyebrows could use some thinning though...

Madi sweet, as usual


Conor donated all of his own teeth to his...


Apparently Wyatt took this very seriously.


Chase--always sporting a smile


and a butterfly from Lancy-pants.....whatever...he thinks he's such an artist...


Anyway...
It's my turn this month to teach pre-school, so we had ourselves a lovely little Valentine party!

We made chocolate suckers
...and Valentine holders
Then we pigged out on Crepes and a bunch of other fattening things...I'm pretty sick of pink...

Check out Chase's cool Valentine box! On the back by the slot where you put your valentines in he wrote,"Tanks" for the valentine!


Now is the time where I introduce you to my Valentine present....no, it wasn't really the crawdads....drum roll.....


Ta-Da!! My own laptop on which to blog!!! And not just any laptop...the new Apple MacBook Air!


YES! It really is that thin!
YES! It really weighs almost nothing!
NO! I don't know how to use it!
YES! I think Lance had alterier motives for buying this for "me"...
Seriously. The man designs their computer chips. (Intel inside!)...Did he REALLY think I would go for the whole "Oh sweetie look what I got for YOU!"
Still, It's pretty sexy, no?
..Maybe I'll actually learn how to use it then I CAN blog on it from the comfort of my own bed
..I've just gotta get it away from Lance first...

But enough of Valentines Day.


This past weekend we met my sister and her family at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX...just outside of Dallas... Last summer we went to one in Pennsylvania, with some of Lance's family (see earlier posts) we had so much fun! We were very excited to find out about this one that just opened last month.


The cousins were excited to be together again!
Here's some shots of the 88,ooo square foot indoor waterpark
fun stuff for the little ones


These jet ski water squirters were a favorite!

Here's Abby telling her dad..."Stand right there...I promise I won't squirt you!"


Commander Conor at the ready...

Some of our favorite slides...Cyote canyon...

...And ...."TheTornado"!...freaky, but fun!

Hanging in the wave pool
Uncle Doug and Abby

What a HUNK!!!

We had so much fun!...See?

The next day we went to the new American Girl store in Dallas!

The girls got straight to work filling their bags with things! They had no problem at all finding all of the things they wanted...the problem came when it was time to PAY for all of the things they found!...Suddenly, they didn't "NEED" as much as they thought they did...Madi forgot her wallet, so I spotted her the $77.oo she spent! ( Yes she paid me back!...Thank goodness for her babysitting jobs! )
This is what girls "in heaven" look like...


Lauren's outgrown the doll thing, but found one that represented her very well!...Complete with a finger splint!



The boys were not entirely excited about going into a "girl store"...Chase was terrified someone would see him in there. When I asked him, "Chase, why do you have your hood on inside?...are you afraid someone will recognize you in the girl store?"...He said, "Yes."

Wyatt knew we'd be awhile, so he just camped out on the floor...nice....I'm sure it was very clean...
No sign of Conor...or Jaxson....they immediately went into stealth mode...

Hey look!!! Is that Chase in a GIRL STORE???!!??


Lance decided that while he was there, he might as well have a look around...and in fact found a lovely sparkle kit!

McKay got in on the fun too...I thought Chase was going to burst a vessel when he saw these two...
Ahhh! This is the best day of our lives!



OK,...I think that's all I can take right now...I've got to go to bed! Stay tuned for Volume 2..."What happens when you leave your camera unattended"...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That water-park looks awesome! Are there several around? Any in my neck of the woods? So fun! Savannah is going to be so jealous when I tell her about your real Valentine's present. She may even consider is worth getting married if you can score a gift like that!

Steve said...

Look like you guys had a blast in Dallas and on Valentines Day. Lance must have saved you a lot of money on that laptop!

BTW- Tell Lance that the sparkle bag is so so pretty. I must get one.

Kellie said...

I'm glad you're back!! What a great time you had with Carey and her family. When is she starting a blog? I found your parent's blog. Talbie's life long dream is to go to the AG store. I've been in New York a few times and have gotten things for her. I didn't know they had one in Dallas now so that will give her hope! We'll check it out when we go to Bret's!

hoLLy said...

i want to check out that wolf lodge waterpark. i've heard about it and its only like a half hour away from us or so. i think cali would love to go down a waterslide. . .:)

and what a cool gift for vday! that is one fine lookin laptop.

Kristi said...

Oh, where to begin? You are hilarious, is one place!! hee. This was too funny. I loved the popcorn Valentine's, the party (yum), and Chase in the girl store cracked me up!! Your kids are too funny. Also, I am in love with your MacBook! Woohoo--way to go Lance. You are one lucky gal :)

I'm sorry you guys have been sick! Yuck...

Unknown said...

Looks like Valentines was fun! I'm glad the little crawfish weren't your only gift! :)
That place in water park looks like a blast I'm glad you guys had a good time and I LOVE the stories about the kids especially Chase in the "girl" store...don't worry Chase I won't tell anyone!

Helen said...

We are glad you had fun with the popcorn hearts. You all made such cute one except Lance. What was he thinking a butterfly??
Looks like you had fun in Dallas. Tell Chase he will get over going into a girl store but it probably will not be the last time. Nice Valentine Lance. I sure hope Stephanie gets to use it and it doesn't come up missing again!!!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

man alive, hackings know how to live it up!!! looks like a blast. and how jealous am i of your airbook! nice!

andrea said...

Tons of fun! I'm jealous...I want a skinny laptop like that! Looks like you had some fun! That waterpark looks like a blast. Tell Carey her girls look just like her!

Chelsey said...

I love all the pics steph. I'm so glad you shared. Looks like everyone had so much fun on val. day and on your trip. Awesome laptop! Are you kidding? You really think he bought that for himself? No way!!! The American Girls store looked way fun. I can just imagine how long you were in there. But it sounds like all the guys were pretty good sports. How fun!

Jan said...

Loved the pics -- even spotted myself in one! Amazing. The Grey Wolf lodge looks wonderful -- we need to give that a try!

Nat said...

Very fun times you always seem to have. That laptop is a very envious present! I think that beats his spice rack he gave you that one year. That lodge looks awesome, and the water park! Can you say FUN! Especially when I look outside here and all I see is snow snow snow. Ahh for summer to come...