Friday, March 7, 2008

Yee-Haw!!

It's time again for the Star or Texas Fair and Rodeo!!
I love the rodeo!...and there's nothing like a Texas rodeo!
Growing up, my family used to go to the rodeo in Spanish Fork on the 24th of July.
IN FACT, back in the day, my daddy was a Bare-Back Bronc rider in the rodeo!
( Right now my mother is rolling her eyes saying, "Why did she put THAT in there?"...but we think it's cool dad!)

Here he is doing his thang!

...and here we are doing ours...

The cow pokes are ready

So is this country cutie!

Wyatt kept pulling his hat down so far that it bent his ears....I'd fix it and he'd say, "DON"T!! I like it that way!!"...fine. Look like a Beverly Hillbillie...I don't care...he sure is a cute one though, no? :)

Chase has got the "Howdy" smirk goin on


I don't know what Conor is doing...but he's sure cute!



This was everyone's favorite part of the rodeo...the Buckin' Bulls


...This was Lances favorite part....foot long corn dogs.... gag.



After the rodeo is over, they always have a concert.
Gretchin Wilson was there that night.
She's not my favorite, but she does have a few fun songs!



...I think she looks mean. Does anyone else think so? I'm sure she's a very nice person...but I think she looks angry....kinda like I did the other day...


Finally, it's time to get all of the little cowboys back to the bunkhouse...they were plum tuckered out...

11 comments:

Jan said...

I've always thought Gretchen Wilson looked mean -- she's a tough biker girl. Anyone who sings "Redneck Woman" has to be tough, right? But the whole rodeo thing sounds like great fun -- and your family is adorable!

Anonymous said...

You are all so attractive. What kind of camera do you have? It looks like you had a great time. I wouldn't want to meet Gretchen Wilson in a dark alley.

Unknown said...

I'm not a huge rodeo fan because I'm always more worried about those poor animals...I know go ahead and make fun of me..the rest of the family does..but I cant help it! I'm glad you guys had fun was it chilly? everyones wearing jackets. the only rodeo we get to go to is in July and I'm always trying to stop from having a heatstroke! I'm with Lance though I think the best part would be the corndogs! :)
The kids sure looked cute in their cowboy hats though!

Chelsey said...

You guys look awesome! How fun that looks! I love the pictures, you guys have the most adorable kids. What good sports to wear the hats, but Anna always wears her "princess cowgirl hat". Seriously, just last night I had to promise her she could sleep with it by her bed instead on her head. I'm glad you had fun!

Nat said...

Love those rodeos!! Whose favorite part isn't the bull riding?! Looks like everyone had a great time, you can usually tell if they fall asleep on the way home that they enjoyed themselves! We're headed to the circus today, not quite a rodeo, but close I guess!

Carey said...

I've told you that I think Gretchen Wilson is the epitome of white trash, I can't stand her. I think she's probably very mean, because she's probably drunk all the time, and she probably has a drunk boyfriend too:). Anywho, love the rodeo!

Hacking it up said...

Jenn...are you saying that the only reason we look attractive is because of the trick photography we use with our camera?...well, you're probably right...

Helen said...

Our grand kids are the cutiest. I love the picture of Wyatt with the hat bending his ears. It looks like you all had fun. Kisses from Grandpa and Grandma

Littletime said...

What cute picture's of your family, love ya, What a cute picture of Wyatt looks like a little elf cowboy.

Cammie said...

You all look so nice dressed in your rodeo gear :) Great pictures

hoLLy said...

i've never been to a rodeo. how can i call myself a texan?!