Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break Day 3&4

Day 3
Animal Kingdom

On safari...Madi and Ireland are looking for wild animals...look behind you girls!!

Conor's favorite...a rhino!

Hey where are you going?...I didn't pay a bagillion dollars to come and see your big reticulated backside...get back here!
Heffalumps and Woozles...

There's a crocodile...don't smile at him...

This guy scared the crap out of me.
GOR-IL-LA!!!
...Seriously, he did not look happy to see us...

I really don't think it would be that hard for him to jump across the little "ravine" and onto the bridge and rip our arms off...that's why I had my kids stand there...that way I would have a head start at running away if he swooped over...

Everyone loves a parade!

I think King Louie is MUCH more trustworthy than that big Silverback....

Wyatt anxiously awaiting the star of the parade...no, it's not me this time...

Mickey Mouse!

They have some very cool shows goin' on at Animal Kingdom too.... Our favorites?
The Lion King




Scott and Megan actually got to see this show in it's entirety!!...because their babies slept through it! :)
I don't know how Conor saw any of it with his hat down that far...but I guess he did!
Notice how my outfit coordinates with the whole safari thing...Ireland said it was my Zebra outfit! :)...I didn't even do that on purpose...it just comes naturally I guess...
Me and Megan.....I think this is the only picture we have of us BOTH empty handed...no kids!

Our other favorite show was,
"Finding Nemo-the Musical"

These costumes were incredible...so was the music!
Sorry about the blur, but I couldn't use a flash, and the stupid fish people wouldn't hold still...




..and at the end millions of bubbles come floating down.....my bubbles!

Next, our favorite...and not so favorite rides!



Expedition Everest was by far the favorite!

Dinosaur?...not so much... I love this picture!...twisted mother that I am...I am SURE that Conor TRULY thought that he was going to die on this ride...the picture isn't too great because my scanner's not working, but if you click on the picture, you might be able to see Conor's face better...
Pure. Unadulterated.Terror.
Lauren's right behind him on that one...and Ireland isn't too sure either...Lance is sporting this incredulous looks like, "Holy Crap! That IS pretty scary!" Madi and Chase saw none of it...Wyatt was fine as long as he had his ears covered....Megan and I just laughed at everybody...we're sick.
Where's Scott you ask? ...Wussy baby girl didn't dare ride it.
Just Kidding, actually Lance went on it again with him...none of the kids wanted to for some reason...
This picture totally makes me laugh out loud when I look at it.

It's worth the therapy I'll be paying for my kids....


Next we saw this roaming about...
What the?!?!?
Lance and Scott said they'd do more yardwork if the weeds looked like that...perverts....

All in all,we had a great time at animal Kingdom!

Day 4
Magic Kingdom

Scott, Megan, Ireland, Ethan, Ryan, & Caleb
Lance, Princess Steph. Lauren, Madi, Chase, Conor & Wyatt



The whole fam damily!
Here's a picture of me dancing in front of my house.....I'm the one in the middle..
Another picture of my house...
A picture of my house at night...

Off to pirate country!
One of our FAVORITE rides! I LOVE Ethan's pirate face in this pic!...that kid's a natural!
Lance was totally scared to go on this ride....baby.
Of course, in true Disney fashion, when the ride is over, you get dumped right out into the store!...In this case, the Pirate Booty Store! Arrgh!
Don't move a muscle..I've got a flashlight!...still, a very convincing game face..
Avast Matey! I am a master with the sword!
Lance said this was a picture of me and him...apparently I am the ball and chain....rude...seriously,where'd that sword go?... Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirate's Life For Me!!...Arrgh!
Clearly, these guys mean business!

Outside, who do we see strolling along?
It's Captain Hook!
Not one to make the women swoon....however, THIS guy....

Helloooo!!! Cap'n!! :)

Is he not the perfect Captain Jack Sparrow?

Chase was chosen to come and learn the art of swordplay from the Captain himself!
This is the part where Cap'n Jack teaches them how to get away from a bad situation....you simply yell,"Look!! It's the Governor's daughter!"...and when the enemy is distracted , you FLEE!!!
Chase and Wyatt testing their new found knowledge..


Next up--Splash... No,.. Soak Mountain
Madi and I were in the front and therefore received the worst of it....got Lauren pretty good too...

It seriously took me all day to dry out!!

This poor guy ahead of us didn't get to get as wet as we did, so I helped him out...you're welcome sir....

Next the famous jungle cruise


I believe this may be the only picture we have of Lance NOT pulling some weird face...I think he was concentrating too much on the guide's "punny" jokes....those got old after about 2 of them....their still the same from when I was like 7


...still a classic

..also a classic...the Speedway!

Wyatt had excellent driving skills!

...but not Megan...she got a ticket...

Maybe she'll do better on Aladdin's Carpet Ride...

Or Small World




Buzz Lightyear's ride was a "blast"! Hee Hee!...I should work as a guide on the jungle cruise...



And Last, but not least...

TA DA!!

I had so many "dares " to wear my Snow White costume at Disney World,...well, I just had to do it...I've always wanted to anyway...
We just threw them on over our clothes right there in front of the castle...I mean, my house...and surprisingly enough, within 30 seconds, I had an audience!
This cute little gal...bless her heart for actually thinking I was Disney's Snow White!! She asked for an autograph and a picture... She didn't even care that Snow White appeared to have gained 40 lbs. and 20 years....after she walked away, Lance said,"You did sign it Snow White...right?" Well Duh!!!
I did tell her that I wasn't REALLY Snow White, but she didn't seem to care! She made my whole day! What a fun job that would be! I'm glad I got a little taste of it! There were some more pictures and greeting cute little kids on our way over to the carousel where we took a spin before returning to our normal, incognito selves...


Princess Belle (AKA Madi)
Princess Cinderella (AKA-Lauren)It's great to be a princess!
(Do you like my house?)

We actually did this our last day at magic Kingdom which was on Friday,but I figured it was easier to post with all of the other pics from this park...Scott and Megan missed it, because they'd already left for home the day before....I'll bet they are just SO sad...







16 comments:

Kellie said...

In you last post, that was me that commented under "Blayne." I was logged in as my dad and updating my mom's blog for her :)

I'm so glad to see you did wear your princess dresses. That is totally awesome!!

It's funny you got the picture of the "Roaming Tree" from Animal Kingdom. When we went to Disney World, Animal Kingdom was our first stop and right when we walked in, this lady came out from the bushes and FREAKED my kids out. They were scared of everything for a good hour or so until they loosened up! Looks like you had so much fun. Great pictures.

Hacking Highlights said...

Great pictures!! I loved seeing those and reading the hilarious commentary!! Brings back such great memories!! So glad we went with you guys!

Diane said...

What fun memories. Disney is our fam favorite! I love the dresses best of all. Classic princess! Glad to find your blog through Jen's. What an adorable family.

Diane
http://nelsonnewsohio.blogspot.com/

Chelsey said...

Steph I got to say that you are the most stunning Snow White I have ever seen! Lauren and Madi look beautiful! That is so awesome that you guys dressed up! Don't be so surprised that someone thought you were Snow White. Honestly! Looks like you guys had some really fun rides!!! Lance's facial expressions make us think that we are really there!! He is so good at acting!!! So convincing.

100 Percent Cottam said...

hackings know how to party!!! that looks like amazing fun! you guys are adorable, of course!

Jen V said...

Looks like you had such a great time! You did such a great job documenting your trip!! Props on that - your fam and Meg's fam will be so glad you did! AND why didn't you make Megan & Ireland dress up!?! I am so jealous you got to see Megan's kids!! I haven't seen them since October!!

Hey - sounds like we'll see you in July for Irelands baptism - we will meet face to face! Don Don Dooooooon! Yeah!

Brit H. said...

Looks like so much fun! I love all of the captions too...hilarious!

Carey said...

What fun! Love the dinosaur picture. I'd put Conor's face up against Debbie's face in my picture (which I am going to e-mail you) I am so glad you guys had so much fun - there's nothing like a good Disney trip. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!

Jan said...

ah, Steph! Loved your pics -- mostly I loved it that you guys wore your costumes and you signed an autograph as Snow White! Love it, love it!! Looks like a totally wonderful trip -- now I'm ready to go again!

Helen said...

You really do look like Snow White and of course the girls really are princesses. Dad and I are going there in April. He has a conference and I'm going with him and we'll stay an extra day. Want to lend me your Snow White dress?
Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for those dress-up pictures. You girls look perfect. I want your autographs!

andrea said...

Looks like you had a blast....next time we do Disney as a fam, we're going to Florida. It's just bigger and better! I love Animal Kingdom. Fun times.

LOVIN' you as a Disney princess. You missed your calling...you should've been there working in college instead! Seriously funny. They should've let you in for free.

Hacking it up said...

YES MOM! You can borrow my dress! :)

I didn't know you were going there in April?!?!?! ...Does dad want to borrow Lauren's Cinderella dress? :)

TheSainOnes said...

I Love the Snow White pictures. It looks like you guys had a great time. I want to see your Mom and Dad in costume that would be the best.

Cammie said...

Great pictures of your vacation. You really should have tried out for snow white.. you look so much like her
Cammie

hoLLy said...

i love that someone came up to you for your autograph and you totally played along. you rock my friend!

and that dinosaur picture is just priceless. simply priceless.