So, as I have mentioned before, Lauren is taking Latin this year. Recently she was assigned to make a diorama of a Gladiator scene.
As I watched Lauren coloring the little Galdiator dudes, and the background Colosseum , I asked her if everyone in the class had to do the exact SAME diorama, or if everyone was assigned different things. When she told me they were all doing the same scene, I thought how boring.
I suggested, she make hers a little more interesting...more lifelike...so that it stands out from the others in her class.
Sicko that I am, I suggested we add blood, and amputate some appendages...
Here's our end result.
As I watched Lauren coloring the little Galdiator dudes, and the background Colosseum , I asked her if everyone in the class had to do the exact SAME diorama, or if everyone was assigned different things. When she told me they were all doing the same scene, I thought how boring.
I suggested, she make hers a little more interesting...more lifelike...so that it stands out from the others in her class.
Sicko that I am, I suggested we add blood, and amputate some appendages...
Here's our end result.

Here's a close up! If you look closely, you'll see that we glued a toothpick on the back of the amputated leg, so it looks like the bone is sticking out a little...Don't worry, it's just a flesh wound.
Now, THAT"S a Gladiator diorama!!!
We totally crack ourselves up.
....I hope Lauren doesn't get sent to see a counselor for demonstrating disturbing behavior...
My poor kids need a grown up for a mom.
Now, THAT"S a Gladiator diorama!!!
We totally crack ourselves up.
....I hope Lauren doesn't get sent to see a counselor for demonstrating disturbing behavior...
My poor kids need a grown up for a mom.


5 comments:
Steph, you are classic. I don't know what I will do for a laugh when you are on vacation. Since you have that nifty new computer, can't you just blog while you are gone?
And thanks for the red gel food coloring. You never know when that will come in handy.
Now THAT is a diorama! Love it.
Lauren has a grown-up for a mom....and a fun mom to boot. I bet her teacher will love it. She'll gt an "A+" for having the only accurate gladiator diorama in the class.
That is awesome! I think you are the only mom I know that would encourage her kids to be that creative, which is great steph!!! You are a wonderful, funny and loving mom and your kids are so lucky to have you!
I LOVE this! You make me laugh - you are the best mom ever and I am sure Lauren will get an A on her fabulous diorama!
Ha ha ha. I LOVE it! AND I am so jealous that you guys are going with Scott & Megan to Disney World! Have fun!!
Post a Comment