Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Top 10 Vacations

We love to travel
We love vacation
We love Family
We love traveling on vacation with family!!
I have been asked many times by many of you to post our family's top 10 favorite vacations!
So, here it goes, (not in any particular order..)

#1
Anything Disney.
We love Disney World, Disneyland, and the Disney Cruise!!!
Always a guaranteed good time


(as if ya haven't seen enough of these pictures..)



#2
Church History sites
Hill Cumorah Pageant Palmyra, NY

The Sacred Grove Palmyra, NY

Palmyra Temple
Erie Canal

Carthage Jail
Carthage, Ill.

Nauvoo Temple Nauvoo, Ill.



#3
Hawaii
The Big Island
Hawaii Temple Oahu



#4
Niagara Falls
Canadian Side
Riding on "The Maid of the Mist"



#5
Mexico
Chichen Itza (yes, I'm 5 months pregnant with Wyatt...yes, it was 1oo thousand degrees, and YES!! I climbed to the top of that pyramid!)
Costa Maya


#6
Washington D.C.
(and surrounding areas)
National Mall
Washington Monument
Iwo Jima
Gettysburg
Philly
Liberty Bell
Mount Vernon
Washington D.C. Temple


#7
Road trip
Including Hot Springs, Ark., Memphis, Tenn., Nashville, Graceland
Oklahoma City Memorial

Hot springs, Arkansas
Graceland
Beale Street
Memphis,Tenn.
Civil War site
Battle at Stone River
The Grand Ol' Opry
Nashville, Tenn.

Ryman Auditorium
The OLD Grand Ol' Opry

#8
Branson, Missouri
St. Louis
St. Louis Arch
(We went up inside to the tippy top...freaky!)

In front of the "Branson Belle"
Where my cousin Bethany and her husband Cameron were performing in the show!

Silver Dollar City amusement Park
Awesome roller coasters there!

#9
Mount Rushmore
South Dakota

We went over the 4th of July
The fireworks were spectacular!...and there were only about 30,000 other people there! (still worth going!)

#10
Idaho

Just kidding!
Just seeing if you were paying attention!
Not that there's anything WRONG with Idaho....

#10
Camping in our trailer and
Jet-skiing on the lake








There ya have it....our faves!
Like I said earlier, we usually travel with family which makes it extra fun!
Where to next?
Italy, Greek Isles, Macchu Picchu, Peru are at the top of our list!

What are your favorite places you've been?

17 comments:

Nat said...

Man! Sounds like fun times. I'll have to put those on my list of places to go someday...

Helen said...

Fun fun times. Macchu Picchu is on our list. That will have to wait until next year. Disney goes there you know. We will have to sign up.
We really have had some fun times with your family. Looking forward to somemore !

Jan said...

Ooh, fun stuff. Love your picks -- I even saw good old Nashville in there. Good place to visit for sure (not so much to live, I didn't think!).

100 Percent Cottam said...

LOVE the list! i've said it before and i'll say it again - hackings live it up like rock stars!!! what great places you've been.

hoLLy said...

wow-i want to be just like you! we love to travel, but i'm waiting to totally live it up until 1. i'm done poppin out babies 2. we have more sweet mula:) we have disneyland planned soon and i'm psyched about that. when i met joey back in 1999 he took me to NYC, palmyra & niagara falls. it was my first time to fly, ride a train, subway and horsecarriage. and my first time to visit another country. yes, i had led a sheltered life. anyways, that was the best trip ever! (thats also when i got engaged-at the Sacred Grove-hes such a stud:) and since then, he has taken me to lots more places. we hope to go to as many places as you have been. how fun you guys are! whoa, long comment.

Kellie said...

I there any place you guys haven't been? My favs are 1) New York 2) Church History Sites 3) Disney World. We need to go on another trip - BAD!

Steve said...

Thank you for sharing your best vacation spots! You guys have been everywhere! Holy Cow! It is good to know that everywhere you go, you have your family and are creating memories that will last forever. Your kids will thank you for them in the future! Italy/Europe would be a blast. Can we be part of your family????

Hacking it up said...

You ARE part of our family Steve...

Chelsey said...

Hopefully we'll be able to go to all those someday! Especially Idaho!!!!

andrea said...

You guys are so great to take your kids all those places...We can't do that....I think about taking my kids to Salt Lake and start breaking out in hives knowing the behavior I and perfect strangers will be witness to, so then I just end up staying home!

Really.

We have enjoyed Disneyland, but our next Disney adventure will be Disneyworld...I don't know if I could handle a cruise....the words man (child in our case) overboard scare me!

Nicole is dying to go to DC after learning about all the monuments and sites in school...I told her someday!

I'd love to do church sites, but when the munchies are older...

So for now, we stick close to home! Moab, Capitol Reef, Zions are all on my list, as well as our trusty favorite...Ouray, Colorado!

And last, Ron and I ARE going to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary next year...alone...we may have to put the kids in foster care if we can't find a sitter, but we're going!


don't you love long comments?! ;)

Hacking Highlights said...

Great vacations! Your kids will have lots of great family trip memories! We've LOVED tagging along with you guys on your vacations. What's next? I think we all need to rent a villa in Italy. That would be great!

Unknown said...

ummm... I dont' go places cuz I'm poor but I dream BIG :)

LittlePartyof7 said...

Wow! You guys just never quit moving!! How fun for you all!

Lynne said...

Don't make fun of IDAHO great thing come from that state after all that were I was born

Kristi said...

Whoa, baby!!! Those are some sweet vacations!! I too love Disney--especially the cruise! Branson is awesome too, butoh my lants the St. Louis arch is sooo stressful! Mama no likey :) I love all the pictures :) You have made some seriously wonderful memories with your family.

jenlinmin said...

We share many of the same faves... But you are much better at documenting than we are. We have GOT to get a decent camera! You guys are so fun! What I can't figure out is how your kids have gotten so big in the last 2 years but mine still look the same!?!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph. Love your blog! Nice job journaling all your vacations. Your kids will have the greatest memories.