Here's me.Seriously.
Let me 'splain....no, let me sum up....
Many of you know that I've been fighting this @#%*!!! MRSA (Staph infection...or as the case may be "Steph" Infection) for almost a year now...to say the least it has wreaked havoc on my body and really cramped my style.
I've been on Bactrim and/or other antibiotics for 5 of the last 7 months, which has really cramped my stomach...
** (Graphic pics below...not too me, but Lance is a little queasy, so I had to put the warning out there for the weak of stomach:)...)**
Here's my latest...I've had these lovely babies pop up all over...especially on one of my arms and a few on my legs from time to time...pretty, no? This beauty is right smack on the front of my throat, and was severe enough that I was sent to an ENT to have it opened,(as pictured above) ...and drained,... and then packed...
With this....nice eh?(Sorry, but this is my journal remember?...)
...almost better....after the packing came out...I was next sent to an Infectious disease "Specialist", because my docs figured 10 months of Staph is too long...plus, I told them I was going to slash all of their tires and run over their pets with my car if something didn't happen and SOON!!!..I don't have time for this crap.
I wish I could say that going to the Infectious Disease "Specialist" was the best use of my time and money ever....but I can't...in fact it was quite the opposite. (Remeber the "Angry Face" post awhile back?...It was that day...) Without going into excruciating detail, the "specialist" told me what I needed to do was...well, what I've ALREADY BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST 10 MONTHS!!!!!
OH, REALLY?!?!
Then she took a culture, which I told her would come back negative because I was currently on my latest course of Bactrim.
She called me several days later to say, "The culture came back negative...probably because you were already on the Bactrim"
Guess what?
She'd better keep an eye on her tires and her pets...
Another side effect?
Apparently, these mega antibiotics can decrease the effect of antidepressants...that's helpful...( yes, I take them...but that's another story...) Anywhooo...I decided to try a different one.
WOW.
(See picture at beginning of post)
SOoooo, in conclusion, I am no better off now than I was 10 months ago.
But I have learned a lesson.
Don't change antidepressants.
...cuz, DANG!
Why post all of this?
One word,
VENT
OK, actually two words
"VENT" and,
SORRY!
Sorry children.
Sorry husband.
Sorry friends.
Sorry family.
Sorry person in front of me on the highway going ENTIRELY too slow.
Sorry lady at the grocery store in the "express lane" in front of me in line with WAY more than 10 items.
and last, but not least,
Sorry blog readers for the boring, complaining, completely negative post.
All I can say is,
"Please stand by, We are currently experiencing medicinal difficulties"

I feel a little better now....

17 comments:
Oh Steph, I'm so sorry. Those look so painful! How frustrating is that to have the dr office tell you something you already know and have to go through the whole process. What a pain! So what happens now? I hope something happens soon to get this taken care of. I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel! Sorry chicka! Ouch! We love you, hang in there.
I so sorry! You (we) are going to get through this. You poor neck, does no one realize that you had a hole in your neck? What do you have to do to get a little sympathy? Lance, you need to take care of your sweet wife. I know you love her so. I will try and take better care of you too, cuz you need some TLC. Maybe we need a day at the spa or something. Oh ya, I am poor. DANG. Well, I can still hang around and try and make you laugh. That seems to help short term. This eventually has to go away right? I am certain of it. Hang in there. It will all be better soon.
geez steph. this really, really sucks and i'm so, so sorry you're (still) going through it. what amazes me is that for the most part, nobody even knows - you're just your usual, upbeat self, still doing it all, still with a smile on your face. you amaze! you are in my prayers!
Steph, Excellent post. You are so funny...not the staph infection funny, but you have a way with words. Especially the end with your "sorry's" I feel that way and I ain't on antidepressants...maybe I should be.... Maybe I would look less like the witch too...um...
For real, sorry you are dealing with this nasty infection.
i'm so sorry steph-that is a bunch of crap. i hate it when the medical world fails on you. it happens a lot. they waste your time, energy, and money sometimes just to tell you crap someone else has already told you or something you already know. you'll be in my prayers. i hope your infection goes away soon. sorry you are having to go through this! :(
Steph, my friend. I am so sorry you are going through this! What a frustrating experience. I wish I could do something to help. Darn Specialist! Maybe she needs to go back to school. Best of luck. I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers. Take care.
Crap! I haven't seen the beauty on the front of your neck before, that sucks. I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you some really great advice, but unfortunately I'm a stupid idiot, so I don't even know what to say, except Crap!
I'm sorry! Vent away! We all do it. Well, maybe not everyone, but I do, so you can to!
That stinks that you are dealing with this. You shouldn't have been such a giving and caring visiting teacher...;)! If I were closer I'd take you to lunch and you could vent in person. Perhaps I could call you during lunch and we could pretend.
Hang in there, and I hope you start getting some relief soon. From the staph, and the happy pills.
Oh, Steph. I can't even begin to say how sorry I am that you are having to deal with this (that never should have happened in the first place -- ask Natalie how I rant and rave on that one!). You have been and will continue to be in our prayers. Just as Natie said, you are an amazing person because on the surface, you just seem like happy Steph. I love you!!
Ditto to all above comments! That really really sucks. Stupid doctors, and why do they go to school for so long? Heck, you knew what the answer would be to the results, you should be a doctor and make all that money they are ripping off people like you! Hang in there, we're thinking of ya. Good luck.
Not loving the Doctor comments! Does your friend "Nat" know your favorite brother-in-law is a doctor? JK.
So sorry about the MRSA. Serving others is so overrated! Look what happens! Quit being such a good person! JK! This too shall pass! Hang in there.
We miss you guys!! Are you for sure coming to Utah in July?
that's right, let it ALL out!!!
first, sucks to be you with that infection--so sorry you have had to deal with that. and i feel your frustration.
second, who is NOT on antidepressants?? they are what help us function and lead normal lives, so all you've done is JOIN THE CLUB, sister!!
better things will come your way.
Steph, this is your mother go back to the Dr and stay there until they do something like an IV therapy. Enough is enough!! You can only take so much.
I would like to say that my father-in-law and my brother-in-law are EXCELLENT Doctors!!! :)...I am sure if they lived by me...and were the kind of doctors I needed...I would be all better now!!! :)
OWWY!! I am so sorry to hear that you have dealing with that. You are way too brave & patient & kind & everything else good to have to deal with that crap! I hope things get better soon!
Steph, WOW is really all I can say...and GROSS (haha) I'm so sorry to hear about your ongoing infection...yikes - I'll pray for you :)
And IF taking HAPPY PILLS would help me to be funnier and write clever and creative blogs, take care of five adorable children, decorate everyone's house in the neighborhood, keep up with homework, take 'perfectly centered pictures' and then be able to locate them on my computer so that I could conveniently 'add' them to my blogs - then tell your Dr. you lost your last prescription and send those babies over to me :)
Oh Steph, I am so sorry! That straight up sucks you still have a staph infection and the idiot doctors are not helping. I absolutely think you are AMAZING woman!! because I have never seen you with a bad attitude. I think you have been incredibly brave and strong. And...if you need anything that involves Diet Coke or Chocolate, give me a call...
Post a Comment