Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spring!--Officially!

Well it's official!--Spring is here!!!
Do you want to know how I know that?
It has nothing to do with the equinox.


Is it because the bulbs are all coming up?

no.


Is it because of the little birdies coming out everywhere?

no.

Is it because of the popcorn popping on the apricot tree?

no.


Well then HOW do I know it's spring?

ANTONIO IS BACK !!!

Good ol' Antonio.

He's the most reliable thing to measure the changing of the seasons with!

He mows and edges our lawn all summer and fall. Then about the end of October, beginning of November,...he just stops coming. He leaves. The grass stops growing.That's when I know it's officially Winter.
THEN, one day...usually in March...he just shows up and starts on the yard again. The grass starts growing again, and all is well with the world! He's done this for almost 6 years now. That guy is awesome.

So, we don't need no stinking Groundhogs day...that stupid animal doesn't know anything about spring...plus he's a big fat baby for being scared of his shadow.

SO, I'm declaring today "Antonio Day"

Happy Antonio Day!!!

I think I will tell him I have named a holiday after him...except that his English isn't that great, and my Spanish is worse...




14 comments:

Fantastic Five said...

I want and Antonio. "Lawn Boy, come here and week my garden..."

Hacking Highlights said...

Yeah, we were out mowing our lawn today too. Boy has it grown...and turned a thick white color! Ahhh!! I can't believe you need to mow your lawn!! I just came back inside from breaking up all the ice on our driveway. Nice thick coating of ice. Love New York! Love it!! We really need to move to Texas don't we? BTW, you know you are "upper class" when you have a lawn boy named Antonio!

Helen said...

Send Antonio our way. I want spring to come to our house. I'm so done with winter. I do have some tulip comming up so I guess spring is trying.

hoLLy said...

well it ain't spring in dallas. we are having a blizzard today. the snow wasn't supposed to come until tonight. i just had to drive in it for an hour. my knuckles are white and i have a migraine. good times.

Kellie said...

We're not quite there yet in Utah but we have made a vow to clean out the filthy garage this Saturday and start the spring clean up. The only bad thing is that we're still doing yard work the "old fashion way" - we do it ourselves!!! Actually, I do all the yard work and I like it because it's usually the only exercise I get!

Steve said...

Anotnio sounds like a great guy. Does he have a wife who will show up when it is time for SPRING Cleaning???? I would echo the comment on the "Upper Class" that you really are. Lawn Boys are for the rich and famous!

andrea said...

They were mowing the lawn at the stake center today...I'm not sure why...there are still 18 inch snowpiles in the parking lot and snow on the grass on the north side of the building...wishful thinking?

I guess they wanted it to look nice for stake conference on Sunday.

Paul and Rachel said...

I wish it were "antonio day" at my house!! I am SO ready for spring.
You guys are amazing and so funny.

Hacking it up said...

seriously people.

I do ALL of the yard work..except mowing and edging...I actually quite enjoy yard work...when the boys get a little older, they will be taking over for Antonio...they'll be excited, because once we get our house built,We'll have to have a riding lawn mower, so they may just fight over who gets to mow...maybe Lance will even want to.....Naaaah....

Pedaling said...

everyone should have an Antonio- though he's not yet needed in my neck of the woods...lucky you!
tell antonio hi and to keep up the good work, will ya?

Littletime said...

I have a lawn boy too, His name is Bronson and he is great, he just doesn't show up til May.. Whats up with that.... My bulb are coming up and they think it should be spring but NOT...

Unknown said...

What a cute post! I'm glad spring has hit there...it sure is TRYING to hit here but keeps getting sidetracked when it SNOWS!!! I can't wait for it to warm up poor Adam has been cooped up all winter!

Chelsey said...

Yay for Antonio!!! I'm so glad that we were able to go down there and hear about him or else I'd have NO IDEA what you were talking about! I can't wait for it to get warmer up here. It is a little warmer today, so I'm bundling up the kids and we're headed for a walk!!!

Nat said...

I sure would like an antonio too!! I must say it is a beautiful day today though!! Hooray for the sun. Enjoy Antonio day.