Tuesday, March 4, 2008

There's always room for CELLO

I'm sure I have mentioned and posted before that Lauren plays in the school Chamber Orchestra.
Well, I'm doing it again!
Tonight it was my privilege to see and hear her perform. I absolutely LOVE to listen to the Orchestra....I could listen all night...which is good since that is what I did tonight..
She did a beautiful job-as usual- good job sweetie!


I had a sort of an Epiphany as I sat there watching and listening this evening....I realized that I would never really want to be a conductor. As a child, my sister and I used to pretend to lead the music to the Symphony, or the Tabernacle Choir, or like our favorite pretty teacher in the 5th grade--Ms. Furr...But tonight, I realized, it takes someone with a lot of confidence and bravery to stand there smack center at the front of the stage, with your butt facing everyone...for hours...people looking at your butt...they can't help it....it's right there....I would not want anyone staring at my butt while I was conducting....I'm quite certain, it would ruin the concert for all in attendance... SO, Hats off to you and your small butt Ms. Miller! Good for you!...Also, you have great conducting skills!
Bravo!


7 comments:

Carey said...

What a beautiful girl Lauren is! I totally agree with the conductor thing. You forgot to mention, however, that we would pick girls in the tabernacle choir, and say, "I'm her". Good times

Anonymous said...

I love orchestra music. Savannah and Sage have a concert coming up and I am getting a babysitter so I can enjoy. Besides, I think the junior high concert ushers have been instructed not to let me in if my little kiddos are with me.

Hacking it up said...

Jen- I went by myself...it was great!
You're right...after your last experience...you better wear a disguise!

Jan said...

How fun! Lauren is such a sweetheart -- and I too love orchestra music. Have to admit that I too have thought of the butt thing -- sort of disconcerting, you know?

Helen said...

Lauren we are so proud of you. I love listening to you play when we come amd visit. Keep up the good work. Love you!!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

hee hee. nice work, lauren!

Chelsey said...

Lauren you look elegant sitting there playing! You are a very talented girl. When Anna watched you practice while we there she must have really loved it because she still talks about it.