Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring break! Day 1 &2

Well, we're back! We had spring break last week and we headed off to Disney World!

We had much fun --of course--especially because Lance's brother Scott and his family met us there for part of the time!!! We had a blast hanging with them!
We stayed at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
It was very...lodge-y

Here we are rockin' out on the patio

...and despite the boys' efforts to make this rock 'n' roll...no success...

Here is where we had breakfast every morning....waiting for the shuttle to pick us up...muffins and chocolate milk in tow...


We had lunch at the lodge the first day. They had fun smart-alecky waiters who would yell at you, throw your napkins and straws at you and bring odd things to your table....they had no idea they had met their match when first we arrived...but they soon learned after the chef they stuck next to me had a tragic accident...


The day was still young, so we headed out to Downtown Disney to check it out




The girls and I loved this store...lots of princess stuff! :)
The Lego store was the favorite for the boys...in fact they nearly wiped out their entire wallets here...I had to remind them that this was only the first day, and that when their money that they'd saved to bring was gone...it was gone...






Day 2 EPCOT
Posing in front of the famous "Big Ball"...I don't even know what that thing is really called....Chase kept calling it the golf ball....OK...works for me...

Mexico!...sorta

Wyatt really wanted to bash the heck out of this thing...until I told him there were no fabulous prizes inside...it's empty dude.

Fashionista Senoritas...Which translated means, "girls with big ol' hats on their heads that probably MILLIONS of other people have put on their lice infested heads"...still, they are cute...no?

...and little Pedro...vote for him...at least we can shave his head to rid him of his lice he gets from that hat...

Ole! (means."Lice!")

After the boys spent all of their money at the Lego store, I told them to go dig some change out of the fountain...


Next was Norway...
That ride behind us?...creepy ...there were these scary creepy trolls everywhere...
Lancy-Pants was scared...

But Wyatt came to his rescue!

Besides world travels, we hit some fun rides like test track...a definite favorite!

Then later we got to meet up with Scott and Megan and kiddos!

Madi and Ireland were inseparable
...as well as Madi and Caleb!
She LOVED LOVED LOVED holding that baby!...and he let her!!! He wouldn't let me...little stinker!

Chase and Ethan were glad to be together too!

We ate at the "Coral Reef" restaurant it was pretty good, but it took for freakin' ever to get our table...(even though we had reservations)...our food,..and our check...and our sanity...
People do strange things when forced to wait too long...

Outside the "Coral Reef", Ryan is checking things out...I think he's a little nervous about sharks...

OK. That's all I can do for now.
Tomorrow I'll try to do Day 3 & 4
We took 700 pictures!..Don't worry, I'm not posting them ALL!...I've got a little weeding to do though...'til tomorrow!

11 comments:

Jan said...

so glad you're back -- we missed you! This looks like a ball -- what a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a complete blast! I'm living vicariously through your travels, so--good job! Can't wait to see more. I'm glad you had this fun time with your family but I'm glad you're back!

Blayne said...

What a fun trip! I don't see the picture where you and the girls wore you princess dresses all over Disney World. Maybe in the next batch you post :)

Mindi said...

i might be your husband's newest and biggest fan--i had to post his "twilight cliff notes" on my blog because i thought he was genius!!!! i will be stalking you from now on.

Helen said...

I'm glad your back. I miss talking to you two or three times a week. Looks like you and the kids had fun. Hope they don't get lice from the hats[I wouldn't do that-yuck]
Can't wait to the princess pictures.

Chelsey said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun. So many cute pictures! Your kids are the cutest! Anna loves the princess pics, and I'm sure if Jake was old enough he would appreciate the boy stuff! Glad you made it back safe and had a good time!

Hacking Highlights said...

Love the pictures! I think you should post all 700 of them! We had so much fun and were so bummed we didn't stay longer! We'll have to plan a return trip for sure! I read your comment that it was 90 degrees when you got home! Sick! That is not fair. I think we came back to 25 degrees.

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh my gravy, that looks SO fun! can't wait to do d-world myself someday!

Anonymous said...

Steph, you are so stinkin funny! I was laughing out LOUD...and I'm so PROUD of you for risking it all to show your TRUE self as the One and ONLY Snow White! You're much more beautiful than those little anorexic girls they hire to dress up anyway....haha!

Fantastic Five said...

Good Honk Woman! Tons of pics. Looks like fun. I want to go on the next family trip with you, can I? Accept I wanna do a family trip without the kids! Does that count? Your kids looked like they had so much fun. I told you that you looked like snow white! Why you not listen? See, I never tell a lie. It's those white teeth, just like a princess. I love you guys.

Nat said...

Man, what a blast!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun. I am a little jealous. I need to start saving money now, so when the kids are a little older, we can take a trip out there!