Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wanted


Missing:
Husband and Dad

If you see this guy...send him home.


So, I haven't been blogging much lately....
WHY?
1) I'm trying to get my house ready to put on the market by the end of next week, so I've been doing all kinds of house work and yard work, which I usually enjoy, but not as much when I'm just doing it for someone else.

2) Lance is in Malaysia for 10 days on business

3) I have five kids

4) Lance is in Malaysia for 10 days....

5) I'm in a rotten stressed out mood because I have five kids going 10 different directions, a house to prepare for the market and Lance is in Malaysia for 10 days.

6) I think Lance did that on purpose.

ALSO

Lance took one of our cameras with him---which is great and fine...I still have another camera here.

BUT

He also took our two memory cards with him...leaving me with none.
Now tell me....what the crap is he going to take pictures of to fill 4 GB of memory cards?!?!?!?
Maybe all the delicious and tasty food they have to offer there?
I think we've seen quite enough of that.
So has Lance :)

Anywhooo....I've still enjoyed visiting all of yours...they cheer me up!
Hopefully I'll get into the swing of things again soon!

P.S. I finished reading Stephenie Meyers' book "The Host" yesterday---very good! Stephenie does not disappoint!! Not quite as gripping and life changing as the "Twilight" series (seriously,I am entirely too caught up in that world...I need help.) but very good all the same!! I highly recommend it!!

11 comments:

Mindi said...

everytime my man leaves town (which is not that often, thank goodness) i always lament the fact that i was stupid enough to have four children.
you went and one-upped me.

sorry, lady.
better days ahead when lance comes home and brings you cat meat to cook for dinner....;)

Brit H. said...

I HATE when my husband is out of town! Especially when I have to pack up the house! Anyway, good luck with everything house and yard related. Oh, thanks for the book recommendation (the host) I am going to take it to the hospital with me next week when I have the babe!!

Kellie said...

I'm sorry Lance is gone for so long - especially during Mother's Day. But, you have a great hubby! And the exciting part is you get to build a new house!!! I'm jealous!

Littletime said...

Sounds like you are having a great time with Lance gone, but I bet he is having more fun eating all that good fun. Thats sick and wrong..

Jan said...

Timing is everything, isn't it? You have the house to get ready and the kids and Lance is out of the country. Sigh. Let me know if I can help with anything. Love you, Steph.

Helen said...

Just remember that this to will pass. Love your new background. I'm waiting to read The Host when Dad is gone all next week. I have to have something to look forward to. Only four more days and Lance will be home and then it will take him a week to get use to the time change. Good luck with that.

Anonymous said...

Ah, man, Steph! Good luck with everything. I wish I could help. How about you plan a 10 day "business" trip to Vegas? Seriously. We could do some power lunches and discuss books and mommydom. Hey! I know, you could come and help me decorate my pathetic house. That is business! If Lance took one look at my blank walls he might insist that you come. Think it over.

Chelsey said...

I don't know how you're doing it with Lance gone so long, I hate it when Cody goes on just his little overnighters campouts. But he'll be home soon and then you'll have 6 kids running in 10 directions!

Bethany said...

Soon he'll be home, and then you'll probably be wishing for him to leave again. :) I just bought The Host. Haven't touched it yet though. I need to finish my monster of a book called The Quest by Wilbur Smith. It's huge. I'm also nervous to read The Host for fear it will disappoint me.

Nat said...

Man, good luck with everything!! I don't envy you right now. And no one will blame you for slacking on the blog thing! We all understand! Again, good luck.

tiburon said...

Oh that royally sucks! 10 days is way to long to be gone. Focus on the important stuff - we will still be here when you have time :)