Monday, May 19, 2008

No shorts allowed!

In Malaysia, they are very conservative with some ultra-strict religious groups. The first two days at work I was presenting to a large group and decided to dress up a bit which is not me. Given the heat and humidity, on the third day I went back to my typical shorts and T-shirt.
The fourth day I did the same and this time I was stopped by security when I tried to enter the building.
Security Guard, "No shorts Monday through Friday".
Me, "But I won't be here Saturday". (She didn't think that was funny).
Security Guard, "You can't wear shorts".
Me, "I wore shorts yesterday".
Security Guard, "You can't wear shorts".
Me, "I'm visiting. I don't have anything else."
Security Guard, "Just one time. Just one time."

Dang, what a pain. Sure, take company secrets, but just don't wear shorts doing it.
Later that day, I started to wonder. Maybe it wasn't a general rule. Maybe she was saying "
YOU can't wear shorts." I thought I had pretty nice legs, but maybe I was mistaken. So, I took out my camera and took a picture of my legs. What do you think? A general rule, or just me?

5 comments:

Littletime said...

I always knew you had sexy legs. Sounds like you had a great time and what fun to see how other live and how luckey we are to be where we are.

Jan said...

Oh, those legs. Why don't you wear those stockings to Primary next week? We'd spotlight you if you did!!

Mindi said...

good to see you are embracing your feminine side.

btw, i laughed when i read that you wouldn't be there on saturday. funny. he must not have a sense of humor

Fantastic Five said...

I prefer your legs without the fishnets. However, Steve seems to find fishnets appealing on "certain" occasions if you know what I mean. I guess that is why you 2 are friends.

Anonymous said...

She was probably just jealous. I know I am.