Saturday, May 24, 2008

Kid's say the Darndest things...

A few funny kid comments this week:

1. Wyatt(age 4) had water in his ear after a shower. I put some ear drops in and he was completely amazed that it cleared it out.
Wyatt: Dad, what's in that medicine?!?!
Me: It has a type of alcohol.
Wyatt: "I love alcohol!"

2. We're now on our vacation in Tombstone, Az. During the drive, it was about midnight and I pulled into a reset stop to sleep - piling the family into their beds in the RV. When Conor (age 7) woke up the next day, he looked around outside and then said: "Way to go dad. You got us to the middle of nowhere."

3. The cousins are here (yeah!). Conor was watching Mckay color when Conor, ever the critic, walked up and said, "That is a poorly drawn door". We're so proud.

4. After playing on the play-structure at McD's, Conor (again), came over and said, "Hey mom, do you see those children over there? They speak Spanish, so when I left, I said, 'Adios.'"

9 comments:

jenlinmin said...

I'm having a "high stress" week, which is why I decided to take time out and catch up on blogs instead of facing reality. I really needed that laugh!!! We miss you and your family!

Chelsey said...

That kid makes me laugh! I loved getting to know him better while we stayed with you guys. I hope he never loses that sense of humor that we love so much! Hope you guys have fun this weekend! Tell everyone hi! Drive safe!

Jan said...

Your boys are awesome. My favorite is when Conor said 'adios'. They are the best.

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing!

tiburon said...

That is too funny! LOVE IT! :)

hoLLy said...

oh my gosh that is hilarious! you've got some talented art critic, spanish- speaking, alcholic children there:) good job hackings, good job.

jenjamin said...

That is hilarious. I love teasing my kids about the things they do or say or simply can not rememeber when they are groggy. We have a sleey walker and I could write a book about the funny things that kid has done or said while asleep. Thanks for the laugh!

Mindi said...

when are we gonna get on board with the fact that our kids are all smarter than us and know lots more??? my 13 year old reminds me of that fact daily.

hope you have a great time on vacay!!!

Unknown said...

Kids are so funny! I'll be sure to never color or draw in front of Conor..I'm not very talented in that department lol!
We missed you guys and wished we could have gone, maybe next time! :)