"The Trail of Lights" is an Austin tradition for the holidays.
It is held in Zilker Park near downtown.
We go every year, and this year, Madi's dance team got to perform there!
It is held in Zilker Park near downtown.
We go every year, and this year, Madi's dance team got to perform there!
They did three group dances, then Madi and the other two officers got to each do a solo for the first time!
Our pretty li'l sugar plum :)
"Jingle Bell Rock"Their kick-line dance

I just LOVE watching my girl do her thing!
Madi's solo was amazing.(I am trying to upload the video--but it's not working--maybe later)
We were so proud of her!
She choreographed it herself--she worked really hard on it, and performed it with such emotion, it made me cry--part of that is probably because I knew what it represented. She has struggled a lot with her self-image and self-esteem (I know--seems impossible right?) But this dance represented her journey from self-hate to self-acceptance and love.
It was beautiful.
Good job sweetie!!
We love you and are very proud of you and what you have achieved and overcome this year!


8 comments:
Looks like you have quite the talented brew...they are all so cute! You need to bring them to Southern California!:)
How great! Keep trying to upload the video. I want to see her dance. Tell her she's beautiful and to keep dancing!!
Way to go Madi. Looks like you did a great job again. Can't wait to see you all.
Way to go Miss Madi! You are such a babe! So will you be trying out for So you think you can dance in 2015 or so? J/K Who knows. We are proud of you.
She looks just like you! Beautiful and talented... And I miss Modern Dance.... It's such a beautiful expression!
Madi! You look so beautiful and I'm so proud of you and all you've been able to accomplish as a dance and leader. Love you!
Looks like lots of talent...
--Terrace Crawford
www.terracecrawford.com
www.twitter.com/terracecrawford
Post a Comment