Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This year we did something different for Thanksgiving.
Since we were alone, we decided to take the trailer and go camping!
This is the best time of year to camp in Texas--not too hot, not too cold!...like it would matter in my trailer with A/C and a heater anyway, but still, it's nice for outside! :)
We went up to Grapevine,TX, which is a favorite place of ours. We camped at an RV park on the Lewisville Lake

This is our campsite
Gorgeous day!!

Here's Lance trying to get the oven lit so I can get our Turkey breast cooking!
I did everything else on the stove top--and in the microwave,...oh, and I cheated and bought rolls....I can't do everything in the trailer! :)

While we were waiting for our food to cook, we decided to play a little family football game!

Lance's team in their huddle....


Lauren and Madi's team in their huddle...
BREAK!

Here's the snap...

Wyatt the quarterback off and running!
Chase is not being much help....

...and he's down....
Conor figured a little kicking would keep him down...I think that is illegal...

Let's see if the other team can do better...
Madi snaps the ball to Lauren the quarterback


Wyatt...that is called rushing the quarterback...


But that doesn't stop Madi!!


It was supposed to be "touch" football...but nobody really got that....

Time to eat!!

Everyone got stuffed!
And Lance made the comment "The problem with eating outside, is the food gets cold fast!"
I said, "Yeah, well, the pilgrims and Indians had cold food too, but they were still grateful, so be quiet. or don't eat."
Then Lance said, "Thanks for dinner! YUMMM!"

That's better.


After dinner,we did the traditional crash naps.


Then we played games...
Here's Lance getting his hiney handed to him by Wyatt in a gripping game of Stratego :)


Then we tried to work off all that pie...

After that we went to see the movie "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" which was surprisingly much better than we anticipated...it was pretty funny!
I am SO thankful for such a wonderful family!! We have such great kids that are fun to be with and extended family that loves us--what more could we want?


3 comments:

Helen said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. That's one the kids will never forget.
We have such cute grandkids. Love them!!!

andrea said...

That does look and sound like a fun Thanksgiving. Seemed a lot less stressful that ours was!

Littletime said...

What a fun Thanksgiving weekend you had, I love the weather could you share, its 16 here today..